Where do we want to take the Forum?

eth2

• Moderators

This place is always off and on, to me it seems slower in the spring as weather get's better, people are busier.

Not being one of the technical people here (no interest) or much into HT I tend to post more in the off topic areas. I never argue about technical stuff, I may have an opinion but it's usually from something I tried that worked or didn't. When someone claims to know everything about a subject or demand their opinion is the only fact I would rather just not post, I figure with all the experience here most people know BS when they read it.

Overall there are many good people here, having had a chance to meet many in person it's a really good group, this make it easier to put up with an occasional attitude, no one's perfect even if they don't realize it at times. :o   :P

• Like 4

• Moderators

You never got the last pay raise, the big one ?

I was told it was a merit increase only and to work harder next year.

Well that can't be true, they gave it to me and it wasn't just because of the bribes and not posting the pic's I have.

• Moderators

I say we collect an "appropriate amount" for CECAA850.

I am in for .15!

I like Carl, how could I not, he is really nice AND he introduced me to and brought over my new favorite adult beverage when he visited. 

Let's add to that and make it a whole $1 + a drink when in Hope, if he will have one, he may have to be talked into it ? 

I have been off the forum for months, when the change happened with the new format it was strange getting comfortable, way to bright for my eyes, and it has a coffee house feel now, which isn't bad but can be distracting. It was more classic, I would say, focused on audio... Then I wasn't able to sign in with my old account. Some type of problem with my computer, at least I am a newbie now and can ask newbie questions... I do miss some of the "old timers" but people do get busy...

The future would be great if they made Klipsch smart home theater receivers that recognize what type of Klipsch speakers you and automatically make 3-4 optimized listening levels for them & are ready for stackable Klipsch amps if ever made.  Well maybe I shouldn't give out all my plausible engineering greatness lol but, a great mid to high end line of smart receivers would be awesome though.

I have a set of Soso bar` coasters I will put up as a prize for a future RTM contest.  However, only those who have participated in past contests plus the new contest will be eligible.  These are promo coasters for the release of the remastered Zep IV and Houses of the Holy lps.

I'm just glad we have a Klipsch forum. The history of Klipsch has to be respected and I think you guys are doing a great job representing. I mean, not once has this forum ever made me want to sell my Klipsch and buy Bose! Must be doing something right! 

• Like 1

i control my spending quite well

were you always that way?  I’ve never been financially responsible. I’m fine financially; but, that’s not because of any financial planning that i’ve done. I constantly walk out of a store without any idea of how much i just spent--that’s the problem with debit cards--i don’t even listen to the cashier tell me how much it was, i don’t look a the cash register … just swipe the card and walk away. 

i think everyone has certain areas where they’re willing to spend more and areas where they don’t. i have no problem spending a lot of money on a car or a guitar; but, i’ve always hated paying a lot for a meal.  Now my cousin is a professional chef -- he has no problem paying over $100 for his meal--he says a nice meal is entertainment for him. 

Another problem is that i don’t get rid of stuff…i have several speakers that haven’t been used in years…i should sell them; but, not the most social person in the world and placing an ad in crags list isn’t something i’m comfortable with. People might want to buy them, then they’d want to call me, and i’d have to talk to them, then i’d have to actually meet them.  Hello Ativan.

Edited by BigStewMan

Well I like my Klipsch forum......I like my coffee buds........I like the little PM's I have shared with some of the members here......I like most of the stuff that goes on here.

Yes I have seen some the BS here and reading some of the threads there are some big egos out there.....oh well......

Yea some of the tech-audio stuff if far beyond me........but I have learned quit a bit......and I might try some new things.

From my 1st post......about six months ago.... I was made to feel very welcome here and I liked it.....and I plan I staying :-)

Mark....

• Like 1

i control my spending quite well

were you always that way?  I’ve never been financially responsible. I’m fine financially; but, that’s not because of any financial planning that i’ve done. I constantly walk out of a store without any idea of how much i just spent--that’s the problem with debit cards--i don’t even listen to the cashier tell me how much it was, i don’t look a the cash register … just swipe the card and walk away. 

i think everyone has certain areas where they’re willing to spend more and areas where they don’t. i have no problem spending a lot of money on a car or a guitar; but, i’ve always hated paying a lot for a meal.  Now my cousin is a professional chef -- he has no problem paying over $100 for his meal--he says a nice meal is entertainment for him. 

Another problem is that i don’t get rid of stuff…i have several speakers that haven’t been used in years…i should sell them; but, not the most social person in the world and placing an ad in crags list isn’t something i’m comfortable with. People might want to buy them, then they’d want to call me, and i’d have to talk to them, then i’d have to actually meet them.  hello Ativan.

oh heaven's no. but I'm far more responsible now than I've ever been before. i find that my wife is much more patient with large purchases if I restrict it to bonus funds and don't constantly swap gear around. so now I just buy "upgrades" so the speakers and electronics never appear to change ;)

… another lady told me that speakers were to be heard and not seen.

Did you tell her that she should be hearing music and that if she is hearing speakers something must be wrong? 

• Like 2