Where do we want to take the Forum?

eth2

It seems that we are getting a bit stale. I have been a member for only a year, but it seems to me that we have gone from interesting treads about music, amps, preamps, tubes, concerts, members histories...to silly arguments about who said what to whom, whose opinions are sacrosanct, silly retorts to serious questions.

You all have taught me so much about audio and I have so much more to learn. I miss discussions about music, hearing about grandchildren, ill people getting better, learning about equipment.

We really need to cut the silliness.

• Like 2

It does seem to me that the forum was more interesting in the past.  Maybe it is because I was new to the forum back then.  I can hardly point my finger at anyone as the content is mostly determined by forum members.  Klipsch is generous to even provide this forum for our use.  Sometimes when things get too far out of line that thread will get shut down.  Other times an iffy thread will be allowed to run.

Although I don't find as much interesting content, I still visit the site regularly.  I have started to reply to reply many time and realize that my reply is just filing space with no value.  Thus I spare the other members my BS or whatever you would call it by deleting it before posting.  Other times my self censorship gets past me.  

However I do enjoy hearing many off topic comments and non stereo related topics.  

I enjoy seeing new members to families as all babies are a treasure to be seen.

Although I don't like to hear of others misfortune, I think it is good that we are able to do what we can when someone has problems that we can offer advise, prayers, or what ever we can to try to help.  

Casual topics from stereos to firearms to new boat are interesting.  And we have the Lounge to cover almost anything we'd like to post.  

Some threads that I never thought would go far such as coffee and cables have survived and flourished when I had my doubts that they would they would last.  I'm glad they did though.

Wish I would see more of Marty's rants and comments as well as other people's.  Marty seems to have the ability to provide humour that I think most of us enjoy.  I wish I was as talented as he at that.

Ah, the norm.

This is pretty common in all forums.

The Klipsch forum is NO different.

Most of us have built our systems, and tuned them with the help of forum members.

Speaking for myself, Once my system was built, it's only the new fangled goodies that catch my eye,

and i wait to be convinced it's worth "The Buy".

Tax refund time is coming up, the newbies will be chiming in.

If needed, I can provide some really interesting ignorant questions up here for people to beat up on me. I have no problem doing that for the sake of the forum.

Hows the JRiver project coming Jim

Slowly, I am still getting together more cd's.I just found another 50 that I need to upload. So there's still a few hundred to go.

I'm going to take in some reading on it this weekend. I downloaded Led Zep lll and Black Sabbath's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath on HDTracks.com and am using JRiver to play them as I did them in FLAC.

Playing the high rez, what is the rest of the system, IE....dac / amp  /pre / speakers etc... Just curious. also how do you like the sound

It took awhile but I think I finally have my digital playback sound dialed in, It is now very analog / vinyl sounding, which is where I want to be, I find hyper detail fatiguing, I abhor Bright harsh SQ I want what I had growing up which was 100% analog be it tape or vinyl.  I still have enough resolution to be pleasing when it comes to detail, and inner detail, Extension is nice top and Bottom. Your DAC will make or break your enjoyment of digital IMHO

Playing the high rez, what is the rest of the system, IE....dac / amp  /pre / speakers etc... Just curious. also how do you like the sound

It took awhile but I think I finally have my digital playback sound dialed in, It is now very analog / vinyl sounding, which is where I want to be, I find hyper detail fatiguing, I abhor Bright harsh SQ I want what I had growing up which was 100% analog be it tape or vinyl.  I still have enough resolution to be pleasing when it comes to detail, and inner detail, Extension is nice top and Bottom. Your DAC will make or break your enjoyment of digital IMHO

I have the Musicstreamer ll I bought on here, hooked into a Dell laptop,then out to my tube amp which is push/pull 10 watt per channel powering the KF-28's for now until I can find a set of 3 ways I like.I've been bouncing back and forth between them and the KB-15's.

My RF set up is in another room and can't be set up here due to the fireplace and the center channel speakers I have for HT. I am also looking to upgrade the amp for my louder listening pleasure. It sounds extremely nice with near field listening with my seating about 6-7 feet away and speakers 6-7 feet apart toed in. I have everything set to analog output I think on the player,so it's nice. So much better than when I was listening to SS only. 

With having windows, if I were to upgrade the DAC from Musicstreamer,I wouldn't be able to get the highest resolution as they d=can't handle it yet. So I'd have to go with another DAC company. I'm listening at 44k and 96k depending on cd quality.

My only issue now is having the patience to pick one thing at a time and work on it with upgrades, I just purchased a used low end turntable and want to upgrade the cartridge and mat as well as looking for different speakers and a different tube amp and doing the computer music server.