My Wife Freaked Out

artto

My better half got a look at the American Express statement last night.  :angry:  $$$$$

Three high-end AVR and a SVS subwoofer.

I explained they are all under evaluation and I can return them. I'm only going to (maybe) keep one of the AVR. And the sub is gratis years of accumulated American Express Rewards. Might as well use the Rewards for something, right? Why not a free sub?

She says, "What? You paid how much for a ******* sandwich?"

:unsure:  :wub:

• Like 4

• Moderators

My better half got a look at the American Express statement last night.  :angry:  $$$$$

I explained they are all under evaluation and I can return them. I'm only going to (maybe) keep one of the AVR. And the sub is gratis years of accumulated American Express Rewards. Might as well use the Rewards for something, right? Why not a free sub?

How did you get a pass on the "points."  She didn't say she wanted first class to Paris?

• Like 1

Altough the wife can look at a statement anytime she wishs, she has quite another way of avoiding conflict, she simply say's, 

I want to buy "something" ?, i want "This" can i have it ?....i say yes and when, never say no.

Yet another layover from setting her up w/Khorns and Monoblocks, FIRST, when bringing stereo into the house.

She's testing me now, she is retiring in three months and wants a new car, well Ok.

To which you should have replied, "no honey, I didn't buy an expensive sub sandwich, I bought a cheap undersea boat:D

+++

Hey Artto, I lost your original thread on your Onk 616 network problems, but did you see my reply to that post?  You have the famous HDMI board failure, and your 616 is under a free repair warranty.

How did you get a pass on the "points."  She didn't say she wanted first class to Paris?

I lucked out on that too. She's afraid to fly and feels trapped on cruise ships  :)

Dude!  Opt out of paper statements!!  They are the downfall of many (seemingly) happy relationships, as well as contributing to global warming!!!.....And change your passwords regularly......

Already did. She told me she doesn't need any receipts anymore. She just looks it all up online. After all, she is accounting & operations manager where she works. I have to be creative to get away with anything anymore  :rolleyes:

I am betting the wife ends up the winner.  You will pay a lot more for something that she request.  That is what my wife dose.  This speaker hobby can turnout to be a wife's best friend, lol.

How can the wife possibly end up the winner being married to me? ROTFLMAO  :unsure:

Edited by artto

• Moderators

If you really wanted to distract her from the other expenses you just need to say NO the sandwich was not that much but the dance that came with it was added to the cost ! :o

maby better not

• Like 2

Hey Artto, I lost your original thread on your Onk 616 network problems, but did you see my reply to that post?  You have the famous HDMI board failure, and your 616 is under a free repair warranty.

Yes, thnx. Unfortunately (or fortunately? depending on how you look at it) the 636 lost WiFI connectivity after a couple hours even in my office just 5-6 away from the main router.

I have the TX-NR838 up & running. No connectivity issues yesterday afternoon thru evening & so far today no problems. And it seems to be better sounding. I hate using the usual subjective audiophile terms but more "air", "transparency", better soundstage with less metallic/siblence over-processed-like sound. There's nothing is the specs that I can see that would be indicative of this, other than having a lot more power. But that shouldn't matter with Chorus I mains, RC7 center & surrounds.

If you really wanted to distract her from the other expenses you just need to say NO the sandwich was not that much but the dance that came with it was added to the cost ! :o

maby better not

No way man! I'm not going there again.

these guys should have given you the sub for free on top of the points for buying the AVR's  - betcha you call them to return an AVR and they will give you the extra bonus - cant hurt to try - plus it will make the wife sure happy -

I have purposely spent 3 times as much on my wives jewelry in the last 3 years than what I have spent on myself for audio.  Hopefully when she hears of what I owe on my cc she won't care :blink:  

right on , the more the better