My two favorite movies in my life

Karsoncookie

The Associated Press reports 01-14-2015 from an event held by the New Zealand Screen Advisory Board where director James Cameron revealed that the release date of the upcoming Avatar 2 has been delayed from December 2016 to December 2017.

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

I completely forgot that Paint Your Wagon had such vitality. A great musical, well done on film,

Another good comedy/movie (won't call it great, but it is pretty darn gooooood) with some excellent tunes is "Oh Brother Where Art Thou". It'll certainly bring a smile and a chuckle out of most people.

• Like 1

Avatar 1 was the best ever -    AVATAR 2 is coming 

I'll certainly watch Avatar 2, because I enjoyed the first movie well enough, but the Hollywood laundry-job, or brain washing they wrapped the story around was a turn-off.

• Like 1

That's the trouble, can't narrow it down to 2.

That's impossible for me too, there's just too many good flic's. Even if I tried to categorize them, e.g. Westerns, Gangster, Comedy, etc. etc...... I still wouldn't be able to pic just 2...... But narrowing to 5, maybe, maybe for some categories, but certainly not all.

That's the trouble, can't narrow it down to 2.

That's impossible for me too, there's just too many good flic's. Even if I tried to categorize them, e.g. Westerns, Gangster, Comedy, etc. etc...... I still wouldn't be able to pic just 2...... But narrowing to 5, maybe, maybe for some categories, but certainly not all.

Tell me about it... :unsure:

Well the thread title was my favorite two movies.  Not ours.  I am a merciless movie critic who values really bad movies over the average movie.  Only the greats get my full appreciation and I don't mean what most consider great but the best of the best of those.  That said I could not limit it to two.  To me movies are a colossal waste of time, so when I waste my time on them I want to be thoroughly entertained on many levels.  Think about it---time spent on a movie versus time spent listening to music?  It is a no brainer for me.

Think about it---time spent on a movie versus time spent listening to music?

I guess it's safe to say you have no children in the house.

When mine are off to school (got a 6th and 8th grader), the tubes are glowing, but when they'er home, the LED's and Plasma light up.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Think about it---time spent on a movie versus time spent listening to music?

I guess it's safe to say you have no children in the house.

When mine are off to school (got a 6th and 8th grader), the tubes are glowing, but when they'er home, the LED's and Plasma light up.

Not anymore.  But when there were, there was still music and yes, more movies than now.  Kid is messing around with forming bands and playing guitar in his spare time though, instead of trying to make movies.

The Associated Press reports 01-14-2015 from an event held by the New Zealand Screen Advisory Board where director James Cameron revealed that the release date of the upcoming Avatar 2 has been delayed from December 2016 to December 2017.

:( I was hoping it would be Dec 16 2015.

While it isn't one of my two favorites, my two favorites are too common, so I will name this one....... "The Croods." This "animated kids movie" is absolutely a MUST for people that grew up on slapstick animated comedy, like Looney Tunes. I have younger children and I like many of the animated movies, but this one was on a different level simply due to the comedic style. For people that love Bugs Bunny and and stuff, this is a must see.

Bryant 

• Moderators

Wow what a list so far. There were a couple mentioned I have not seen that I am going to check out right away.

No one mentioned Citizen Kane, it wouldn't be in my top two either.

I like movies that focus on the dialogue, or at least lately I have.

12 Angry Men is a great example, I like both the original and the remake.

Glengarry Glen Ross

Before Sunrise

Rope

The Conversation

The Breakfast Club

Resivoir Dogs

Dog Day Afternoon

Chinatown

and the many others mentioned like Network, Pulp Fiction, but if I coild only choose two films,

My Cousin Vinney, and

The Verdict