Has anyone here experienced Exploding...

T2K

I was totally expecting something else clicking this thread, but the medical definition of it seems totally acceptable. Crazy things happen neurologically between waking and sleeping, I can just imagine the disorders that can cause some form of reaction. Think about it, paralysis, apnea, that wonderful sensation of falling...you know...

Heck I'm experience something like that as I type. I made it home 4 hours ago from a pool tournament where I may have partook in a few too many adult beverages....had to be up in 3 hours for a early appointment about 100 miles from home...not only can I hear explosions in my head I can feel them!   

Edited by NOSValves
  • Like 3

Well, I have never heard of anything like this before yesterday. What I did experience seems like EHS although it lasted for what was probably a nanosecond. A flash. I remember nothing after the occurrence even though I clearly remember what did happen and I remember a visual of what I saw since I was awake.

The setup is this. This past Sunday night I had a heart attack. I was awake and aware of surroundings when I was wheeled into an operating room. During a cath procedure I talked to and answered questions from one of the attending persons when the event happened. The picture that my eyes were seeing was primarily my chest and two physicians. In an instant I heard a loud bang while simultaneously hearing a person grunt, feeling my body lurch and the picture that is still frozen in my mind exploded into fragments. Then nothing. 

The next morning I related this in greater detail to a cardiologist and learned that I had been shocked because of heart rhythm. He seemed to poo-poo my story. I told him about my experience for his benefit, not mine. His loss I guess.

Keith

I do something similar sometimes where right when I fall asleep I feel like I am falling into a pit of nothingness and it jerks me awake. I guess its pretty common and happens when your balance mechanism shuts down before your consciousness

I experience it from time to time usually like a door slamming. I get up check everything out then go back to bed.

JJK

That's exactly how I'd describe it. When I read an article on this I couldn't believe it. I've been having this happen for about the last 7-8 years. It's usually when I'm having a hard time falling asleep and just when I'm about to doze off I hear the "door slam". I used to get up and do the whole fire drill but now I'm just used to it....kinda.

• Moderators

This past Sunday night I had a heart attack.
 for real?  if so, i’m glad that you’re still around and able to post on the forum. 

Wow I missed that , glad your still with us, reading that is enough to scare the crap out of me, very strange experience.

Glad your Ok

Never heard of It..    But I have woke to loud explosions that sounded like it was right beside me.  Plenty loud that it would have woke my wife.  She did not hear a thing.  Over the next few weeks I  would hear loud crashes and explosive noises.  Figured if my wife couldn't hear them then it must be All In My Head, roll over and go back to sleep.

Things aren’t always what they seem.  I left a party late one night…i remember telling my friend, “Man, those people (a few doors down) have a huge fire in their fireplace, you can see the flames coming out the chimney.”  As we got closer, i realized that the entire house was on fire.  

Another time there was an auto accident in our office parking lot. I saw one of my co-workers talking to one of the drivers. Went inside and someone asked about the damage to the building and i said that someone hit it with their car. “were there any witnesses?” I say, “yeah, so & so from the second floor was out there and saw the whole thing.”  About an hour later, so & so from the second floor came up to me all upset and wondering why i would tell someone that she witnessed an accident.  Turns out that the face i saw didn’t belong to the name that came out of my mouth. To make matters worse, she had an incredibly strong Vietnamese accent and was difficult to understand…and this was pre-hearing aid days, so that heightened my disadvantage.  After a few minutes, i just wished her luck and walked away.   To this day, she probably thinks i’m a big jerk.

Yes, i’d make a great witness in court.

Edited by BigStewMan

It was strange. I know what I saw and heard. I've got to see my cardiologist next week. I'm going to tell him the story and remind him what he was saying when the event happened. I can hardly wait to see his expression when I tell him what his words were.

I find medical happenstances fascinating. So what happened is an intriguing story to me, especially when I can back it up with a persons verbage that was present.

Thanks for the kind words. This thing was wayyy worse than the triple bypass I had 6 months ago. Heart attacks and blood clots are popular in my family. Both my brothers and my father have experienced what I am experiencing now.

Keith

Heck, nobody's perfect Stew. That reminds me of jury duty years ago. After sitting around doing nothing for 3 days it finally came down to jury selection. My question was something to the effect that given a situation where there was no evidence other than the testimony of a law enforcement officer and the accused, whom would I be more inclined to believe. I stated the LEO. I was struck immediately and have never been called for jury duty again. I guess they have a file on me somewhere. It's probably close to your file.

Keith

Heart attacks and blood clots are popular in my family.
You guys couldn’t have picked the banjo to make you popular instead?  I hope you don’t have any more of these scares. 

My Dad has played since he was 6 years old. He has a picture of himself and his Ukulele at age 6. He moved on to guitar and steel guitar. He still plays at home at 84. 

Some people inherit lots of money. I inherited heart problems and my George Clooney good looks.

Keith

• Like 2