March Madness '15

DizRotus

IF the officiating crew had "seen" Duke touch that out of bounds ball near the end........replay cleared slowed Winslows finger press against the ball last so it should have been Wisconsin's ball. Duke then makes a 3 on that very next possession. Change that one call and you might get a different outcome to the game. They reviewed it for a while and still could not get the correct call! Somebody explain it to me. How can that happen,. 

• Like 1

IF the officiating crew had "seen" Duke touch that out of bounds ball near the end........replay cleared slowed Winslows finger press against the ball last so it should have been Wisconsin's ball. Duke then makes a 3 on that very next possession. Change that one call and you might get a different outcome to the game. They reviewed it for a while and still could not get the correct call! Somebody explain it to me. How can that happen,. 

The same way you miss someone stepping out of bounds.

• Like 3

The same way you miss someone stepping out of bounds.

If you want to give Duke the game of course you can't see it.

• Like 1

I thought it was a great championship game, but the officiating in a lot of the playoff games was pathetic, especially the KY, WI game on both sides.

Did anyone see the stats where Kentucky had 9 All American kids, Duke had 4 and WI had 0 ?   I think this says a little lot about the coaches 

Kudo's to Wisconsin for a stellar season all done with 7 instate kids.

• Like 2

If you want to give Duke the game of course you can't see it.

Personally, I didn't care.  This was the first college basketball game I've watched this year.  I flipped over to watch "Better Call Saul" during the time it was on, but did watch the rest of it after Saul was over.  I'm the same with college football.  I only watch the championship game.  I guess the hype sucks me in and compels me to watch.

I did not have a horse in this race either. Being from MEE SHEE GAN originally, I was half way pulling for Michigan State til they got trounced on Saturday. I just hate it when the officials determine the outcome. Near the end clearly a charge against Duke is called a foul on Wisconsin. On the very next series a charge is called on Wisconsin, I about threw my remote at the TV. Then you can't 'see' the ball clearly tipped out of bounds by Duke. BULL FEATHERS.

• Like 1

Then you can't 'see' the ball clearly tipped out of bounds by Duke

Mike and Mike talked about that this morning.  I normally listen to them on ESPN radio on the way to work.  Apparently the monitors the refs use are no where close in quality or size to what the average person has in his living room.  Seems that they could benefit from a ref in a room with a HD big screen TV.

• Like 1

Still no where near as bad as the officiating in the KY/WI game.  Wow was that a botchery!  Both sides!

That one call with the ball out of bounds was missed imo, but there were several touch fouls that went WI's way especially in the first half.  No dog in this one.  Nice back and forth, WI needed to keep their foot on the throat and imo, they started settling for quick shots. 

Now let's PLAY BALL!  The boys of summer need to fill the gap until football starts!  :)

• Like 2

Still no where near as bad as the officiating in the KY/WI game.  Wow was that a botchery!  Both sides!

That one call with the ball out of bounds was missed imo, but there were several touch fouls that went WI's way especially in the first half.  No dog in this one.  Nice back and forth, WI needed to keep their foot on the throat and imo, they started settling for quick shots. 

Now let's PLAY BALL!  The boys of summer need to fill the gap until football starts!  :)

The Cubs lost their home opener and are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :D

• Like 3