Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

Here was a very interesting Klipschorn Signed by Bob Moers of Klipsch in the museum.

Looks like it had been a working modified test cabinet.

Here is links to a couple of stories with Bob involved:

http://www.klipsch.com/plexiglas-khorn

http://www.klipsch.com/edwardsAFB

Mike,

The first link kind of freaks me. 

In 1970 Bob Moers and wife VG-VeeGee(sp?) would travel to Fayetteville to party with my wife and I. We were still in school and they a bit older. At that time the UofA ranked Playboy's number one party school in the country. Fayettetnam as we called it was very different from Hope. smile

My best friend and audio mentor Cedric introduced us to the Moers and we hit it off.  That introduction provided my wife and I, a couple of poor college kids, some outrageous audio for the times. The day of Quad so we ran two Khorns flank, two LaS center and two LaS rear. Amps that were sent free to PWK for evaluation we had for a song.  

Sorry for the trip down memory lane. Perhaps I should have PM'd.  But in the Klipsch logs that I have read I have never seen mention of a Cedric.

Just wonder where Bob Moers landed. Perhaps Hunter might have some memory of Cedric. (Kinker-Neal transmission line speakers)

I am told that Bill Brewly was close to suicide before finishing the Plex Khorn.

tc

Bob landed in NWA. He passed away a couple of years ago (time is never correct for me so it may havve been several years ago). My son ran into VG a while back in Little Rock. Regardless of what any says, without Bob's marketing skills, Klipsch may have faded from memory by now since there would not have been a big company to continue. I have used a double exposure taken during one of the Klipsch Harvest Festivals on the West Patrol Road of myself with Bob in the background as an avatar. 

Edited by Rivervalleymgb

Re: Cedric speakers. When I was working at Klipsch (76-83) we built up some prototype CETEC floor-standing speakers for CETEC, and the original cabinets were re-engineered for more profitable construction, with the intent to build the cabinets for CETEC, but there were some profit margin issues (Klipsch would have basically broken even on the deal with no profit)that were never resolved and the deal went by the wayside.

• Like 1

I thought is was good, I have to say I helped Andy kill off the second half of his Irish spirits early sat morning ending at about 5 am and that clear stuff was easier to drink than Andy's. That Irish stuff will curl your hair with its bite, I see why they say it's an acquired taste.

Actually it was only 86 proof...Powers is a "designer" Irish whiskey, but if you let it BREATHE a bit and cool on ice it is quite smooth...I remember a Knockando Scotch I got many years ago (between 1992-1995) which was extremely high octane, around 120 proof or so, but only gave an easy warming to the stomach (when it finally made it there) and then the ears went from warm to HOT rather quickly, which showed the alcohol content and how fast it was going into the bloodstream! Of course the issue then is that after a couple of two-fingered pours, even spread out over an hour, my voice was already slurred, and I needed to spend NO time trying to stand because I was chair-bound for awhile! Edited by HDBRbuilder
  • Like 3

• Moderators
Actually it was only 86 proof...

Not saying it was bad, it just has a bite that I don't think breathing would calm down. :o I'm just not use to it, I have been told this about many Irish whiskys just never tried any, well except a long time ago in coffee.

And I wanted to say Thank You, it was nice talking to you, I had no idea it was getting that late and your not the only one who get's up slow after sitting a while. You made it to the room just fine, it was a rough weekend as far as sleep goes, I'm not a kid anymore. ;)

I remember a Knockando Scotch I got many years ago (between 1992-1995) which was extremely high octane, around 120 proof or so,

That's about where proper whisky begins.

Dave

Barrel proof is ALWAYS the way to go, IMHO, since I prefer to be the one watering down my whiskey....why pay more for somebody else's added water and get shorted alcohol content in the deal? Either way, that Knockando (NO CAN DO!) pretty much lived up to its name the night I cracked the bottle open!

Edited by HDBRbuilder

Then there is Dave. I have crossed swords with Dave on the forum in the past, picked each others brains, and come to respect each other through our children, but I was not preparred for the circus calliopie music, how could I have ever even guessed at that??

Roger, you ignorant slutte. That was no calliope, that was the "Emperor," a Mortier dance organ that was made in Belgium in the late 1880s. Playing from 80-key cardboard books, the Emperor contained 418 pipes plus 44 xylophone bars and the usual organ traps and was meticulously restored by Paul Eakins of St. Louis, MO. Circus music?? That beloved piece is by Julius Fucik who was trained in composition by Antonin Dvorak. In 1897, became bandmaster for the 86th Infantry Regiment of the Austro-Hungarian Empire based in Sarajevo. It was shortly after that he wrote the piece you heard, the Einzug der Gladiatoren or "Entrance of the Gladiators" which remains patriotic and much loved in the Czech Republic. The recording is the legendary Audio Fidelity AFSD 5975, 1962 and one of the earliest stereo LP releases.

Not everything is about the genre...this one is about nuanced listening to a masterpiece of recording and engineering where you can hear each and every linkage, air valve, and such as through an open window to half a century ago.

It's for audiophiles.

You wanna cross swords with me, buddy? Come on, bring it on... :P

BTW, Danny is a prince and I've no idea where you rented the rest of your family!

Dave

Counterpoint: carnival and circus folk were predominately from the same locations you mention here :-P
  • Like 1

Counterpoint: carnival and circus folk were predominately from the same locations you mention here :-P

Madam, you and I must spend some serious time next year on your lesson plans.  Compared to my good friends here, I think you get it.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Thought I might of heard some Polka music at one time ? :o  Sorry Dave just have to give you a hard time being a Reggae, classic rock, jazz, blues, zydeco, Motown  kind of person, Ok everything else but rap and opera. But it was all good, except one or two songs :lol:

It's nice to hear different things, it was quite the change in music styles when you walked from outside to inside. :o They were playing some wild stuff outside, as you were inside, just different by around 125 years more or less.

It was fun and the people at Rodneys place could not have been nicer, cool people and beautiful property.

Once they got the KP 600's dialed in they were amazing at any distance, clean and powerful, last time we heard any were at the Pilgrimage Trey organized and they were powered buy live bands.

Seadogs Cornwalls  sounded great also, I didn't pay attention to what equipment was used at different times but really like the vinyl, and whatever the large tubes that were on the far right, but no can't get back into vinyl Christy would kill me.  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2