1. 1. Who's gonna win?

• Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao
    • Floyd "Money" Mayweather
    • Don't Care, don't like boxing.
  2. 2. Who do you want to win?

• Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao
    • Floyd "Money" Mayweather
    • Don't Care, don't like boxing.

Besides the promoters, and a couple of cable networks, who's gonna win the $100 PPV match-up between Pacman & Money Mayweather?

I'm no where near the fan I use to be, but I had been waiting for this fight since forever. Between Floyd's constant dodging this match-up and the corruption within the sanctioning bodies, I'm about 99.8% out of love with boxing, and this is the only fight I can recall being interested in since around 2008 or so.

lousy fight - they never got into any kind of great boxing - what a lousy - boring - bullshit fight

just read on cbs sports that the las vegas airport is closed to private planes … there are so many there already!  

I was going to fly my private jet there, but there were no parking places.  :rolleyes:

11208674_1310969788926077_28482613887252

Yes, from a boxing point of view, it was boring, but it certainly looked like Pacq. was always the aggressor while Mayweather stayed on the defensive.

Great party, though...

Great food, great monte christo, great scotch.......  Aaaarrrrggh!

Another boring Mayweather fight, he dictated the pace, tied-up Manny too many times, and beat him convincingly. So glad I didn't pay to see that crap..... sure thought and hoped Manny would win.

post-10277-0-73940000-1430663443_thumb.j

post-10277-0-97900000-1430663459_thumb.j

I thought what went on outside the ring was rather telling. MP walks in and a huge round of cheers and applause. FW walks in and ... not so much. There were also boos at the end, and I don't think that was because of the quality of the fight.

Edited by Marvel

I didn't see the fight but was following along on some sport website blogs (interesting that I had three websites opened and each blogger had a different interpretation of the fight -- MP won that round convincingly, MP barely won that round, I gave that round to Mayweather).  But, one blogger noted that the crowd cheered MP and booed Mayweather.

The fight was nothing like good old days, when boxing was actually going toe-to-toe.

Manny wanted to fight it out like this......

Mayweather maintained a steady jab with his 4" reach advantage, and either smothered Manny every time he came-in or he'd dodge the barrage of punches coming from Manny by running backwards, while throwing the occasional counter. I think the two judges who called it 116 - 112 called it correctly. The 118-110 score was well off the mark.

I watched the whole fight and Manny had no chance whatsoever.  He was quite a bit smaller, and did not punch very much or very hard at all.  Mayweather fought defensively and did "just what he needed to" no extra, and easily defended himself solidly from the weak and absent punching of Manny.  How this got promoted as the fight of the century, I'll never know.  They were not closely matched.

It was extremely boring as well.  In fact........throughout they were very sportsmanlike, smiled at one another a couple of times, and were generally "nice" to each other.  it was like a workout, not a fight.

At the start of the last round they embraced and hugged each other.

The crowd was for Manny and cheered whenever he even moved his fists a little.  Mayweather got booed afterward.

Complete waste of time and money.

Jaime Fox tore up the national anthem, and that was as bad as the fight itself.

:(

The latest thing I heard was that MP was concealing a shoulder injury that will need a surgical repair to correct.  Seems that at this point in his career it was more about the payday than the title.

Poor Manny, he only got $80,000,000. I hope he makes it okay.

On another note, Mayweather just stated that he'll give Manny a rematch 1yr. after they repair his shoulder (rotator cup). I'm sure both will be up to making another $100 million or 2. That's one fight I won't be watching.... in fact, I think I'm officially done with boxing. Too many BS fights, and BS promoters. Boxing is definitely not not what it use to be. Been dead for over a decade.

Edited by Gilbert

• 2 months later...