Getting Back To Our Primary Purpose

derrickdj1

I came to this forum because I like Klipsch speakers and talking about various speakers, setup, modification, ect.  The wealth of knowledge shared on this forum is outstanding and it' a lot of fun seeing peoples dream system/s come together.

There has been several active members banded from the site lately and multiple threads locked. Let's get back to basic and leave controversial topics alone.  People are passionate concerning some issues and it is hard not to say the wrong thing. It's not fun participating in a thread where you have to worry about every word. I like a lot of the folks on this forum and don't want to see anyone leave out of frustration, or for other reason related to the atmosphere on the forum.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 9

I came to this forum because I like Klipsch speakers and talking about various speakers, setup, modification, ect.  The wealth of knowledge shared on this forum is outstanding and it' a lot of fun seeing peoples dream system/s come together.

There has been several active members banded from the site lately and multiple threads locked. Let's get back to basic and leave controversial topics alone.  People are passionate concerning some issues and it is hard not to say the wrong thing. It's not fun participating in a thread where you have to worry about every word. I like a lot of the folks on this forum and don't want to see anyone leave out of frustration, or for other reason related to the atmosphere on the forum.

You posted this in the LOUNGE. How about cigars, whiskey, hot sauce, food, BBQ, car dealerships, diets, movies, The Giants, and boxing? Are they part of the "basics," or too much off topic? When you say it's hard to "hard not to say the wrong thing" maybe you could try typing nothing? I don't understand the complaint? - -  "Help me Lord Gazook, I am about to type?"

There are THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of threads on this forum about every "basic audio topic" known to mankind. That's not enough basics for you? How many new threads about the basics did you start today before this one? Look, you've got the same right as anyone to post this or any other plea or comment you want. But, this is like the umpteenth complaint today from people who haven't learned to use a mouse to scroll down through topics and read the ones that interest them. I didn't know it was so hard.

I detest smoking and find it filthy and disgusting. Do I go into all the cigar threads and chastise the smokers for posting? Well no. Why not? BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS ARE INTERESTED IN!  Holy smokes man. Does everyone insist on being a Butinsky all the time?  Relax man. Learn to stop trying to control everyone's interests. Work on your own.

In my mind, that was totally uncalled for.  I don't care who you are, how many posts you have, what you've designed, companies you've started, how much money you have, or whatever....that was rude.

• Like 2

I know of only one and it had nothing to do with posting here.

I think everyone get's the jist of this post.  Now, tubes, headphones, amps and speakers, make for some great conversation!  Even light conversation about vacations, children, hobbies, cirgar, favorite adult beverage are OK.  We just don't need controversial and polarizing topics. :)

• Like 1

In my mind, that was totally uncalled for.  I don't care who you are, how many posts you have, what you've designed, companies you've started, how much money you have, or whatever....that was rude.

Agreed.

So, here's the vibe I'm getting here in a metaphor:

It's as if you just watched your grandfather slap your grandmother at the dinner table on Sunday morning during brunch after church services...

• Like 1

In my mind, that was totally uncalled for. I don't care who you are, how many posts you have, what you've designed, companies you've started, how much money you have, or whatever....that was rude.

But it's vintage mdeneen.  He's like the cantankerous guy at the coffee shop.  Sure he irritates, but I for one will miss him when he dies.  That will be soon right Mark?

• Like 3

In my mind, that was totally uncalled for. I don't care who you are, how many posts you have, what you've designed, companies you've started, how much money you have, or whatever....that was rude.

But it's vintage mdeneen.  He's like the cantankerous guy at the coffee shop.  Sure he irritates, but I for one will miss him when he dies.  That will be soon right Mark?

You ever have a part of your body that hurts to touch; but, you keep touching it? I’m going to start referring to that as the Klipsch Spot.  

Classic backhanded compliment there Brian.  Completely acceptable too.  Get your nastiness out of your system now--May 7th is World Asthma Day and I accept nothing but sympathy from you.

• Like 2

Why would one be banned from a forum if the "Reason" had nothing to do with "Online Activity" as it relates to this forum???

Best regards,

John

Improper conduct at a forum gathering.

• Like 3

Well, I for one will be posting to the Tech/Mods subforms soon on bracing the CF-4 so it will support my ten pound EV DH-1506 compression drivers.

What could be more interesting and controversial than that?  B)

post-58280-0-82540000-1430880434_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Why not? BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS ARE INTERESTED IN!  Holy smokes man. Does everyone insist on being a Butinsky all the time?  Relax man. Learn to stop trying to control everyone's interests. Work on your own.

The Op was working on his own interests. In my opinion, that doesnt make HIM the Butinsky.

• Moderators

I came to this forum because I like Klipsch speakers and talking about various speakers, setup, modification, ect. The wealth of knowledge shared on this forum is outstanding and it' a lot of fun seeing peoples dream system/s come together.

There has been several active members banded from the site lately and multiple threads locked. Let's get back to basic and leave controversial topics alone. People are passionate concerning some issues and it is hard not to say the wrong thing. It's not fun participating in a thread where you have to worry about every word. I like a lot of the folks on this forum and don't want to see anyone leave out of frustration, or for other reason related to the atmosphere on the forum.

You posted this in the LOUNGE. How about cigars, whiskey, hot sauce, food, BBQ, car dealerships, diets, movies, The Giants, and boxing? Are they part of the "basics," or too much off topic? When you say it's hard to "hard not to say the wrong thing" maybe you could try typing nothing? I don't understand the complaint? - - "Help me Lord Gazook, I am about to type?"

There are THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of threads on this forum about every "basic audio topic" known to mankind. That's not enough basics for you? How many new threads about the basics did you start today before this one? Look, you've got the same right as anyone to post this or any other plea or comment you want. But, this is like the umpteenth complaint today from people who haven't learned to use a mouse to scroll down through topics and read the ones that interest them. I didn't know it was so hard.

I detest smoking and find it filthy and disgusting. Do I go into all the cigar threads and chastise the smokers for posting? Well no. Why not? BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS ARE INTERESTED IN! Holy smokes man. Does everyone insist on being a Butinsky all the time? Relax man. Learn to stop trying to control everyone's interests. Work on your own.

Of course it was rude! There are apparently times when people just refuse to respect the interests of others, and expect everyone to bow to their pet wishes. Common sense doesn't work. Can people not scroll down and see that the "lounge" is littered with topics having nothing to do with audio basics? And that starting one's own basic audio thread is as simple as pressing the New Topic button?

There were around a dozen people, including a moderator, vigorously, and enjoyably, posting in the off topic thread. All of whom could stop and do something else of their own free will, right? None were being tied to a chair and forced to type. And that's just as true of cigar and whiskey and mud wrestling threads. How is it not understood to only read and post in what interests you?

So yes, at some point when the obsequious meter is pegged on 10, it may require some rudeness to get it back down to the normal 5.

Politics have never been acceptable in the Klipsch forums.  Whether or not a moderator posted in the thread is really beside the point.  Moderating is not an easy task, but I can tell you this, those of us that give our time to do this are truly trying to do our best.  We may not always make the right decisions, at the right moment, but we are giving it our best. If you have an issue with the way a topic is moderated, feel free to message us....

• Like 2