My biggest pet-peeve with postings....

minn_male42

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pet-peeve?

Hmm I have had a lot of pets, but never a peeve. What are they like? What do they eat? Do they munch on speaker wire? What about shedding? Maybe I'll trade the cats in for a coupla peeves...

Sorry - I occaissionally (ocasssionnally, occaisionnaly, heck i give up) get side tracked.

Aww come on...your pet peeve is bad spelling? There is an awful lot of that on this board. How can you stand to read it? cwm6.gif

Just kidding...I have a pet peeve too.... My ex-husband's WHOLE family pronounces Godzilla..."Conzilla" and it always drove me nuts! Silly pet peeve, huh? I even argued with them about it. cwm24.gif Can you imagine...too much time on my hands then....cwm4.gif

------------------

The token female for the Klipsch Fan Club Tour 2001

HMMM:

I before E, except after C (like receiver?)

except in words like weigh and neibhoor.

Okay, I'll admit to spelling errors. What ever happened to the spell czech function on the bbs? It was slow, but it worked.

Gil

I've got a friend that would say things in the car like "Hey, Tim! Raise down your window." or "Put that in the glove department." or even "Turn on your window shield wipers." Granted this guy only has about a sixth grade education but we like him anyway.

The biggest one that bothers me is when someone asks me a question and won't wait for the answer before asking the next question Gggrrrr!!!

So in retort I start answering all of their alleged rhetorical questions with answers they couldn't think up on their own.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

Spelin' SuX!s>

Anyway, I have lots of MINOR peeves, like people pronouncing Aiwa like the state of Iowa, it's pronounced I-WA, not IOW-WA. People liking Bose. People not leaving the fan on after using a slide projector, I know my school lab fees go to $10 bulbs, not chemicals and books. You get the idea.

Oh well, at least no one here types in L33T speak...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

I'm with Cyber on that one. Then you hear: "just don't post or look at it"... Ya right! I look at all posts at least once a week. It sure did divide a lot of us, didn't it. I have NEVER seen people beat the sh#$ out of a dead horse like that in all of my life! That horse is a pile of goo now! Smells real bad too!

It's become an embarrasement.

Kenratboy- Using the fan in a slide projector after turning off the bulb doesn't cool the bulb down faster, or prolong its life. Now you can be just a bit happier. You're welcome!

Another of my pet peeves: My wife and daughters keep putting the toilet seat down. Sheesh! Doesn't have much to do with the bulletin board, though.

fini

And how does not using the fan act the same as using the fan?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org