So this was what i did in my pre "planking" days

Scrappydue

so i was digging through videos on youth tonight and came across this one:

i served in japan from 2006-2009. it was the funnest 3 years of my life. also the hardest. being away from family, VERY long distance relationship, and 17 hour days 7 days a week. brought a whole new meaning to the saying earning your paycheck. but you know id do it again in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. in fact id pay a good chunk of change to go back out on a carrier for a weekend and go up and soak up some sun on the 120 degree deck with 1000 degree her exhaust blowing all over. mmmmm sounds fantastic. 

by the way that is my goofy self at about 43 seconds in doing the traditional japanese peace signs for photos (didn't know he was videoing)

anyways thought it would be cool for some people to see how crazy flight deck life is. 

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 5

Hmm....my BIL was on a carrier for a few years around that time as well. He was stationed out of Norfolk, VA. He took me and my wife on the carrier on a family weekend. Scary cool!

did you get to go up on the flight deck and watch jets takeoff????

Hi, again, Scrappy,

Yeah, we could swap some sea stories.  I was in 1968-1973 (3 years of sea duty, 2 ashore).  One of these days when we meet, we'll have to trade some tall tales about the worst storm we were in. What a ride!! For 3 days!!

Hi, again, Scrappy,

Yeah, we could swap some sea stories.  I was in 1968-1973 (3 years of sea duty, 2 ashore).  One of these days when we meet, we'll have to trade some tall tales about the worst storm we were in. What a ride!! For 3 days!!

yeah maybe soon if the weather ever lets up i can ride out to your place. 

I say this with 100% conviction:  "good" people also (have) serve(d).  By "good", I mean people that agree with and have acted upon the premises of our Founding Fathers:  our republican form of government has two foundational requirements.  That the citizenry be educated and that it be moral.  Without either of those, representative government simply will not endure.

So, my opinion is as above:  thank you to the MANY who have served this country so well!

I say this with 100% conviction:  "good" people also (have) serve(d).  By "good", I mean people that agree with and have acted upon the premises of our Founding Fathers:  our republican form of government has two foundational requirements.  That the citizenry be educated and that it be moral.  Without either of those, representative government simply will not endure.

So, my opinion is as above:  thank you to the MANY who have served this country so well!

Oh Boy, This threads going to get shut down

Mark

Oh Boy, This threads going to get shut down

Mark

Hi, Mark, maybe I was a bit obtuse, maybe I just missed out on your joke.  Either way, sorry.  

What I intended to say is that the many people who simply live good and respectable lives serve this country well, without ever having donned a uniform.  I appreciate them very much.  And only wish that they were more commonplace, still!