No Bullshit

Chad

Really?  All you need to do to be a “Heritage Member” is to hit 5000 posts?  I’m offended, especially at what counts as a post.  “I agree”, "I disagree”, “Top Notch”.  Nothing wrong with these posts, but while adding to the post count, these add little to the quality of the Klipsch Forums.

A “Heritage Member” should be someone who has contributed to these Forums over time, and contributions go beyond post counts.

How about being here over eleven years as a steady Klipsch Forum member?  How about attending nine Klipsch Pilgrimages (four at Indy, five at Hope)?  How about hauling Cornwalls to Hope three times to support those gatherings (not to mention also putting amps and pre-amps and other gear at risk)?  How about posting or providing links to hundreds of photos taken at all of those gatherings for the benefit of the Forum members?

I was invited by Amy (and accepted) to be a part of the original BS Forum group, and I never caused any trouble.  I guess I should have been posting “Howdy Y’all” twice a day every day for eleven years to be recognized as a “Heritage Member”.

post-12078-0-44260000-1435033008_thumb.j

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 5

So I did some looking at the members list.

Total number of registered Klipsch forum members is 36,380 (1819 pages at 20 members a page)

Total number of forum users above 5000 posts is 61.

Let me be the first to say congrats to a staff who just made a forum that is accessible to a whopping .02% percent of the site membership. :D

• Like 3

A couple of fun facts/observations: 

It looks like 61 members out of 36,380 meet the criteria of 5,000 posts or 0.17% of the membership. 

It looks like 297 members have at least 1,000 posts or 0.8% of the membership. 

Given that Mallette is trying to auction his excess post count, which I captured in the post below, I suspect, and may even be willing to wager, that he may have been the person that initiated the 5,000 post rule, which by focusing on the top 0.17% of membership I noticed is much more stringent than the occupy wall street movement that focused on the top 1%. :emotion-14:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :ph34r:  

All in fun as I probably wouldn't have much excess time to post anyway. :P

So I did some looking at the members list.

Total number of registered Klipsch forum members is 36,380 (1819 pages at 20 members a page)

Total number of forum users above 5000 posts is 61.

Let me be the first to say congrats to a staff who just made a forum that is accessible to a whopping .02% percent of the site membership. :D

I see that we counted the total members and those above 5,000 the same; however, how did we get different percentages where I got 0.17% and you have 0.02%?  :unsure2:

Given that Mallette is trying to auction his excess post count, which I captured in the post below, I suspect, and may even be willing to wager, that he may have been the person that initiated the 5,000 post rule, which by focusing on the top 0.17% of membership I noticed is much more stringent than the occupy wall street movement that focused on the top 1%. :emotion-14:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :ph34r:  

All in fun as I probably wouldn't have much excess time to post anyway. :P

Honestly, out of all of the people who post on the regular forum, you would be the one that would benefit the most, imo.

Fwiw, your "all in fun comment" would show how truly committed you are to your views and feeling the need to express them when someone is wrong on the internet sometimes becomes overwhelming--Good luck with that 'good use of your time' thing if you decide to purchase Mallete's points. :)

I know that I would enjoy it at some point; however, when a guy can't beat them and a guy can't join them, sometimes a guy just has to poke fun at them.  However, when it comes to correcting all of the wrong on the internet, it may just take something drastic like blowing out all the "content" and starting over. :emotion-14:

someone+is+wrong_on the internet.jpg

Actually, if you think a little more about what I wrote in your quoted post, a new perspective about where the insight came from may dawn on you. :emotion-55:

Edit: 3,923 to go and counting.  Now off to the red head car wash I go.

Redhead+carwash+sunburns+intensify_81f009_5589607.jpg

post-36163-0-93060000-1435038163_thumb.j

post-36163-0-97180000-1435038186_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 3

mdeneen

I, for one, miss mdeneen.  He contributed much.  I didn't always agree with his tone, or his opinion, but I did often enough to want to read his point of view.

By the way, he was well over the 5,000 post level!

I am not really familiar with this "evil twin" business ... can someone enlighten me?

Without wax,

Gary

Nismo, on 22 Jun 2015 - 3:09 PM, said:Nismo, on 22 Jun 2015 - 3:09 PM, said:

Johnthang, on 22 Jun 2015 - 2:42 PM, said:Johnthang, on 22 Jun 2015 - 2:42 PM, said:

I AM waiting to see the one word posts explode onto  this site,just to get post counts up with meaningless dribble that we will all have to wade thru to get to the real genius posts, that we all come here daily to take in, and enrich our lives,just so some pencil neck can get a label,  and admission into the upper crust club. mark this day on your calendars as the day it all went to perdition in a handbasket.  

well heck i gotta go make 4977 more posts so I can check out the good stuff. I just hope my carpel tunnel doesn't flare up 

ToS prohibits Cross Posting... rather surprised nothing listed in ToS discourages or prohibits Power Posting.

Power Posting (just to raise your post count) is more annoying than SPAM.

"Pointless way to fill a forum with garbage."

BS

Actually I agree with you Nismo.      "Pointless way to fill a forum with garbage."

Some of us don't say a lot, but learn by reading the forum.  Guess I got a lot of garbage to post if I wanted to belong to the Elite Club.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

BS + 3

Why even bring this up on the community forum?  If ya got over 5,000 posts you can read the content, and if you desire you are among the very small percentage that can also post.

Don't see where this does Jack for the majority of members.

I guess it is being set up with the haves and the have not's.  

Is this anything like Divide and Conquer.

Seems like management would want to keep the masses together and happy rather then divided.

What the #*ll,  Klipsch's forum.  Klipsch's rules.   If I don't like it I don't have to play in their litter box.

Seems there used to be plenty of posting without the gimmicks.  Times are a changing.