FedEx defies logic!

tube fanatic

I ordered something from a firm in the midwest and paid $11.95 extra for Fedex 2nd day delivery.  So, instead of shipping from their main location, they shipped from a warehouse only 125 miles from here in central PA.  That location is within the Fedex Ground 1 day delivery zone to here.  So, I paid the extra fee to get my delivery one day later than it would have arrived via ground service!!!  I called Fedex and asked the CSR how they can justify offering a slower delivery service for more money and she couldn't answer me, but agreed that it is strange.  Now I'm fighting with the firm to get the $11.95 back.  Their CSR basically told me to stick it by claiming that they have no idea where an order will ship from!  Guess I'll have to file a grievance with the credit card company and deal with it that way.  Some things just defy logical explanation.  Even UPS isn't that ludicrous.

Maynard

• Like 1

• Moderators

The very same thing happened to me.  If I order supplies "regular ground shipping" from a certain supplier my order always arrives the following day...which seemed like a fluke the first time I ordered from them.  Second time I ordered, I absolutely had to have the materials within two days, paid the the Fedex 2nd Day delivery charge only for the package to take three days to get to me.  Now six orders later I always choose "regular ground shipping" and receive my order the following day. Frustrating that I had to learn the hard way...priceless to have a supplier that gets my orders to me the next day even on regular ground shipping!!!!

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1

Their CSR basically told me to stick it

I know you're upset, but they did NOT tell you to stick it!  :rolleyes:  (at least I'd be very surprised if that's what they said) 

I'd like to play devil's advocate because I don't have a dog in this fight.  I do know what you are saying, but you are not taking any responsibility for YOUR choice. 

When FedEx or any of the major carriers offer you the choice to get GUARANTEED 2nd day delivery, that's what you get.  You don't get one day delivery or three day delivery, you get TWO day delivery.  You asked for it, you paid for it, you got it.

You could have taken the regular shipping option which normally would have been ONE day in your zone, but the difference is they don't GUARANTEE it.  That's EXTRA.

I'm not mad at you my friend, but I can't validate your rant.  You're placing blame where it doesn't belong.

In my HUMBLE opinion.  B)

No to defend them, but, it seems Warehouses are all over these days. That is, often semi-local & near Hubs...

PS I do validate your rant!

Oh yeah????  :angry:

+++

(I figure if I can draw you into a running one-word argument over this, we can get you, Mr. Post#4474, to the 5k club by the end of the night!)  :D 

This is a similar rant/criticism of passenger jet-liners with lay-over stops.  It is often cheaper to buy a ticket between major hubs than from a major hub to a minor hub.  So, you look for a ticket to any major hub with your desired minor hub used as a lay-over, and then, you get off the plane there.  Done.  Cheaper.  But this is against written policy of all the airlines.  Somewhere in the language you approve while buying your ticket, you agree not to do this.  Nonetheless, this is a well-known purchasing strategy, and I think there is even a lawsuit pending about it

Edited by Jeff Matthews

What I have found with Amazon at least is they're smart enough to know that it'll only take a day to get something to me from location X and if I didn't pay extra for quick shipping they delay the shipment. Sneaky bast$%^s

No to defend them, but, it seems Warehouses are all over these days. That is, often semi-local & near Hubs...

PS I do validate your rant!

Oh yeah???? :angry:

+++

(I figure if I can draw you into a running one-word argument over this, we can get you, Mr. Post#4474, to the 5k club by the end of the night!) :D

Well, perhaps I shouldn't edit posts, but post again instead?