More Paypal BS..................Anyone seen this one

joessportster

The account was about a 6 months  old, with several transactions both selling and receiving, never a dispute, 1 refund when a buyer changed there mind B-4 shipping something, 1 bank verified, 2 credit cards verified, and mobile phone verified, todays buyer sent pmt twice because he also figured it was credit card However they placed a hold on both bank and on credit card pmt's

once I went in and removed my cards and bank from my account they sent me a message stating if I verify my Identity I could get funds instantly

I opted to close the account, Sick of there BS rule flip flopping, and the buyer agreed to send a bank money order

This is done with PayPal member that don't have a larger sales , tell him to gift you or send money order

Its like people that make small purchases on a cc then make a large one it raises a flag

Edited by A1UC

I found this out years ago while selling off my McIntosh stuff. A several thousand dollar transaction (without credit card involved) and that auction site / PP wanted one of three things to release money:
1) Buyer to post positive feedback
2) Proof of delivery
3) 30 days to pass from sale date

Needless to say that the buyer wouldn't give feedback until received and I had no intention of shipping until I got the money in hand. We cancelled the sale and I sold semi-locally with a meet up.
Small money transactions now on that site when I can get a deal.
Even Audiog** has given me issues. When I attempted to buy my turntable I was unable to log in and they (site admin) were totally unresponsive to my problem. JoeSportster stepped in and vouched for me with the seller so we could complete the transaction personally outside the site.

• Like 1

I still use those funny things called "checks" like you send me the check and I will send you the item. You mean there are other ways to purchase items?

JJK

The last few transactions I have had with forum members I use a USPS money order.  The Postal Service guarantees the money is good, the only risk is for the buyer, because if something goes wrong there is no recourse.

I have had 100% success dealing with forum members.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2