Chorus fabs - pretty

Matthews

Where did you get the iron on veneer from?

Jim, the iron-on veneer I used came from Home Depot. It is only 3/4" wide, strips. I used it on the front to cover the exposed plywood edge.  It comes in White Birch or Red Oak. 

post-36834-0-87180000-1444088629_thumb.j

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 1

Prep and sanding complete, polyurethane applied (2 coats)

post-36834-0-43980000-1444267987_thumb.j

Next stop, custom fab port tubes and dampening.  Scurried around all morning trying to figure out how to get these right.  Original plan out the window.  Plan B in place and ready to proceed :emotion-21:

• Like 5

Prep and sanding complete, polyurethane applied (2 coats)

Next stop, custom fab port tubes and dampening.  Scurried around all morning trying to figure out how to get these right.  Original plan out the window.  Plan B in place and ready to proceed :emotion-21:

Original plan, out the window?  Did I miss a post somewhere, what went wrong? 

The cabs look great, you look well on your way to executing your plan.

• Like 1

NO!

the square grill?  - I know, they are HORRIBLE!!!  Just put the stock ones on and they look great.  I would love to leave them naked but need a little insurance for when the two GSD's decided to rough house. 

Edited by Matthews

My preference with the Cherry would be one of these. Just what i would pick so don't judge too harshly, its your project.

Not judging, Jason.  I really do appreciate the input!  :emotion-21:

I like the cane grill the best.  I think that would really set this pair on fire.  For right now, I am just glad to finally have some fine tunes back in the house !!!

Those are really awsome.....for real my man....

Thanks, MKP :)

I love them !!!  Going to take a few more sessions, but I think I like them better than the Scala's :huh:

These babies DIG DEEP!!! ...and not to even mention the emotion and detail.  So happy with them!

post-36834-0-50300000-1444359812_thumb.j

• Like 2

I play my Chorus more than any speaker at the house... yea they do dig deep....I've always called them my chest pounders...

But I do still like my LaScala's....just a different sound....hell I like all my chitt....my toys....playing and having fun....that's what it's all about....

Have fun with your new speakers...

MKP :-)

• Like 2