klipsch r 15 sw. 719.00

swa99a

I assume you're talking about a R 115 SW. I just picked one up for $559 shipped (new in box) and think it's worth about $459 shipped.

It sounds ok and all but just seems very cheap, which I suppose it is. I'm not overly impressed but that big copper woofer is purty....

not a big fan of it? what dont you like about it?

I assume you're talking about a R 115 SW. I just picked one up for $559 shipped (new in box) and think it's worth about $459 shipped.

It sounds ok and all but just seems very cheap, which I suppose it is. I'm not overly impressed but that big copper woofer is purty....

Hey hey now, I have me one and I like muh big copper woofer!!  LOL  :P

not a big fan of it? what dont you like about it?

I agree Scrappy...what don't you like about it wstrickland1?  Just curious.   I have one and aside from being monstrously loud for the money, it is very clean.  Not Velodyne clean I grant you, but it can run with far more expensive brands and hold it's own easily.

ehh it's ok I guess, esp. for the money. I guess they had to cut corners somewhere and to me it just has a really cheap feel to it. I tried it with Belles thinking it would match better than my Martin Logan Depth but it doesn't. Maybe it's my particular application which is 2 channel only. The system consists of a C2500 tube preamp, MC275 mkVI amp, Belles, and various sources.

ehh it's ok I guess, esp. for the money. I guess they had to cut corners somewhere and to me it just has a really cheap feel to it. I tried it with Belles thinking it would match better than my Martin Logan Depth but it doesn't. Maybe it's my particular application which is 2 channel only. The system consists of a C2500 tube preamp, MC275 mkVI amp, Belles, and various sources.

You make valid points.  I wouldn't say cheaply made, but it is middle of the road.  I really like it, but whatever sounds good to you is what matters.

You mean an RSW-15?  That is awful pricey for a 10 year old subwoofer unless it is mint and brand new in the box.  You can get a new subwoofer for that.

Not sure how I missed this, but the RSW-15 would curb stomp the offerings from Klipsch right now.

• Like 1

I am in the minority here but I wasn't overly impressed with any of the Kipsch subs I have owned, even the mighty touted RSW-15. That is the main reason I decided to pass on the R-115SW, even though the reviews have been very positive.

I just ordered a Reaction Audio Gamma 15 sub with the I.C.E. amp. I will try that sub out for the 45 day trial period (free shipping both ways!), if it doesn't impress me, I might consider the R-115SW. I love the copper cones :wub:

• Like 1