Things from the past that are gone and you dont know why because they were great?

Max2

Gotcha...I was about 13...on my Redline BMX...collecting bottles and cutting yards so that I could save up for my first pair of big speakers.....a set of Realistic Mach 1's

Maybe different in years, but not in what you were after.  I could have bought a cheap car for the 200.00 I spent on my first speakers.  But I preferred the speakers...

Dave

Yeah...always been a passion....my dad went with me to pick them up at our local Radio Shack and just shook his head when they brought them out

"Son...those will take up nearly your entire room...."

My Uncle had given me a Sansui 5000a receiver that he had brought back from Vietnam....hooked it up and had dad hooked in about 15 minutes......ended up setting it up in the Living Room and enjoyed them for a good 20 years

• Like 3

Juke boxes at your table in diners?

Drive inns with curb service.  We had one called the Miljo that lasted for decades.  A hangout for many years.

Rabbit ears.  I use to have one I could tune for my old Pioneer receiver. 

Jason I had some Nova 8s from Radio Shack.  Pretty wood grills.

• Like 2

Kewlies.  Believe it or not, I still have those speakers I referred to.  Pretty much loved to death, but never could bring myself to part with them.  My first purchase and it was SO dead on.  Frazier Super Monte Carlos...recommended personally by PWK. 

Paired with a Grommes "Little Jewel" tube amp, a Garrard/Shure TT, and a Concord 727 R2R I was a very happy young man.

Dave

• Like 1

Rabbit ears.

Still use them for FM.  Most cost effective.  However, I do with the foil we thought improved TV reception back in the day.

Don't put cotton on our screen door to keep out flies either.  Well...actually don't have a screen door.  There's another memory! 

Dave

• Like 2

Norman Laboratories anyone?    

Pretty slick company. Save your boxes and you could trade up to the next bigger size.  What happened to them? It seems they had a pretty good non horn tower that may keep up with some of the bigger names today, even with that older technology.

Norman_9s004.jpg

You know they made a mint off the old behind the truck seat boxes too.

DSCN1180.jpg

• Like 3

Juke boxes at your table in diners?

Drive inns with curb service.  We had one called the Miljo that lasted for decades.  A hangout for many years.

Rabbit ears.  I use to have one I could tune for my old Pioneer receiver. 

Jason I had some Nova 8s from Radio Shack.  Pretty wood grills.

Good one! I was pretty young then, but I remember a Doobie Bros, album cover on the front of one in Tulsa.

• Like 1

Cane Sugar. Why is it gone? It tastes so much better, but the dang boutique drinks you get with it at the store are expensive.

We have one of the original Coke plants here in Chattanooga. Simply hate he taste of all the sodas with High Fructose Corn Syrup in them.

If you want a Coke with sugar, go to the Hispanic/Latino section in Walmart and by the Cokes. Made with sugar, and not that expensive. We also have a large number of Hispanic groceries here (a regular chain), which has them as well.

Drive-in A&Ws ... Great root beer in those covered in ice mugs.

Bruce

• Like 2

Rabbit ears.

Still use them for FM.  Most cost effective.  However, I do with the foil we thought improved TV reception back in the day.

Dave

We use rabbit ears on the TV in the living room. HD on it is better than on the cable downstairs.

• Like 1

Yes MAX!

Once we moved out to the country this was my main mode of transport.....it's amazing I didn't kill myself on that thing... :lol:

ATC110_1986_INT_1(3).jpg

Because your parents taught you some common sense !!!    It seems like common sense is another thing that technology has erased making people without any "what if" vision.

• Like 1