Things from the past that are gone and you dont know why because they were great?

Max2

Well, I remember it.  No cannabis or chloroform (though I am sure my mother wished for it) but we kept a 79 cent bottle of Rexall cough syrup that was loaded with codeine.  One teaspoon and you were ready to call the hogs. 

That was made prescription largely so the big guys could sell the expensive OTC stuff now that is clinically proven to do...nothing.

If your doctor won't give you codeine when you have a cough, either find another or use 100 proof whiskey in hot, strong, lemonade sweetened with honey.  Better than the off the shelf stuff in every way...

Dave

• Like 1

On/Off switches that are actually connected to the power cord.

Incandescent light.

Radio knobs in the car.

Words instead of goofy pictographs above knobs and controls for things.

Toasters that actually can burn bread.

Shoes with replaceable soles.

120 roll film cameras

Photomat Kiosks

Woolworth's lunch counter

Service stations that pump your gas and wash the windows.

Grocery stores where THEY take the stuff out of your cart. 

Hardware store clerks who know the difference between a bolt and a screw.

Stuff like that. 

• Like 1

Anybody remember the weekly drive by from the "Chip Man"?

charles-chips2jpg-39396276b6396b37.jpg

I remember those, they were awesome…and the milk man.

Looks like you can still get these, but not by a guy driving a "Charles Chips" truck to your front door. UPS maybe.

The Enduro.

post-40059-0-24420000-1444159816_thumb.j

All dual-sports of the last 30 years (with exeption of the Honda XR series) are based off motocross frames, but not everyone is Jeremy McGrath.

I get it. Progressive linkage, mono shock rear ends are the norm, but that doesn't mean ALL of them have to have two feet of ground clearance, four foot seat height, and be sprung for monster table tops at the X-games.

A decade ago Gas Gas made a fantastic bike called the Pampera 250 that filled the void left by the Japanese. Just like the old enduros, it was loosely based on their trials frame instead of their MX frame. An incredibly technical machine.

They want to bring back retro motorcycles? Bring back the quiet, tractor-like, dual-sport that everyone can actually ride.

2004%5C11%5C23%5Cbikepics-247952-320.jpg

Edited by Quiet_Hollow
  • Like 4

Anybody remember the weekly drive by from the "Chip Man"?

charles-chips2jpg-39396276b6396b37.jpg

I remember those, they were awesome…and the milk man.

Looks like you can still get these, but not by a guy driving a "Charles Chips" truck to your front door. UPS maybe.

How funny.  We JUST talked about Charles Chips home delivery today at lunch.  We lived in Daytona Beach from '64 to '68 and my oldest brother would have them delivered to his house.