It's only October...

rebuy

So all that is up this month is stocking up with a boatload of candy, i think.

Every year we buy about $60 bucks worth, last year every piece gone :emotion-21:

Year before not one dam kid :ohmy:

Year before that cleaned out before dark :o

Will continue to buy $60+, however it is now the stuff we like to eat, just in case we get stood up......again :D

• Like 5

I was at Lowes today and almost took a picture to post on the forum.  Lowes is loaded with those huge Christmas lawn decorations.  It seems a bit ridiculous to have all that stuff out this early.  :angry:

+++

Official Thread Drift:  The reason I was at Lowes is because I am looking for a solution to ground moles which have destroyed my front lawn.  For two weeks now I've been trying to drive them away with Castor oil based products but they are just digging further down deep.  I've failed so completely, using dynamite right now doesn't sound crazy.  Any recommendations?

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

call me a liar over one letter…you wouldn’t believe i was an english major, huh?

I actually wrote Rocktober and wasn’t sure if that was the proper spelling, so i changed it.  Wouldn’t be the first time i went from right to wrong.

But, thank you professors for pointing out my error.

Edited by BigStewMan

I was at Lowes today and almost took a picture to post on the forum.  Lowes is loaded with those huge Christmas lawn decorations.  :angry:

+++

Official Thread Drift:  The reason I was at Lowes is because I am looking for a solution to ground moles which have destroyed my front lawn.  For two weeks now I've been trying to drive them away with Castor oil based products but they are just digging further down deep.  I've failed so completely, using dynamite right now doesn't sound crazy.  Any recommendations?

Yea, make sure it's ACME, and let the Coyote do it, in case it goes off too soon

• Like 1

I was at Lowes today and almost took a picture to post on the forum.  Lowes is loaded with those huge Christmas lawn decorations.  :angry:

+++

Yes.  Let the moles alone.

call me a liar over one letter…you wouldn’t believe i was an english major, huh?

I actually wrote Rocktober and wasn’t sure if that was the proper spelling, so i changed it.  Wouldn’t be the first time i went from right to wrong.

But, thank you professors for pointing out my error.

Don't include me in that I did not notice.

Yes. Let the moles alone.

Let the moles alone?  Why???  What are you, some kind of mole lover?  They aren't leaving me alone!   :rolleyes:

You couldn't do more damage to my front yard if you plowed it completely under. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Yes. Let the moles alone.

Let the moles alone?  Why???  What are you, some kind of mole lover?  They aren't leaving me alone!   :rolleyes:

You couldn't do more damage to my front yard if you plowed it completely under. 

Change your definition of a lawn.  Plowing it under won't solve your mole issues.  Look at them as free aerators for your soil. 

• Like 1

I was at Lowes today and almost took a picture to post on the forum.  Lowes is loaded with those huge Christmas lawn decorations.  It seems a bit ridiculous to have all that stuff out this early.  :angry:

+++

Iv been building "Devices" for years for my farmer Bud's.

You Dig one hole 1'.5" deep, right in the middle of the affected area, this will cover a 25+ yard radius plus some.

You bury my device, make a little slot for the wire from the hole to where you will plug it in, can be 12V/24? or even 110V.

Simply a one gallon coffee can, motor mounted on bracket inside, small counterweight, such as a shaft coupling with an extra long screw in one of the threaded holes, idea is to set up a Small Vibration.

In less than 24 Hrs you will see NO MORE CRITTERS, they do not like the Vibes.

Keep the counterweight Vibration small (Bearings will last longer)

2000Rpm motor + or -, and like i said any voltage, i use 12/24 most of the time.

Bolt the hell out of the motor, lock nuts, this thing will eat it's self up in a few month anyway.

I've had good luck with the poison mole bait, the fake worm looking things.

When I was at Lowes I was looking for the poison smoke flares you put inside the hole, but they were out.  I picked up the death worms.  You poke down into the dirt with a broom handle and find the tunnel and put the worm there, then cover the hole with a rock.  You can go back a couple days later and see if the moles took the bait.

I bought a dozen worms (they're expensive!) and put out four yesterday.  We'll see if this works.

• Like 1

I've had good luck with the poison mole bait, the fake worm looking things.

When I was at Lowes I was looking for the poison smoke flares you put inside the hole, but they were out.  I picked up the death worms.  You poke down into the dirt with a broom handle and find the tunnel and put the worm there, then cover the hole with a rock.  You can go back a couple days later and see if the moles took the bait.

I bought a dozen worms (they're expensive!) and put out four yesterday.  We'll see if this works.

The ones I tried came from the local co-op, but I'm sure they're the same. I found 4 dead moles out on the grass a few days later, I'm not sure why they came out of their tunnels, maybe for air. Good luck.

So all that is up this month is stocking up with a boatload of candy, i think.

Every year we buy about $60 bucks worth, last year every piece gone :emotion-21:

Year before not one dam kid :ohmy:

Year before that cleaned out before dark :o

Will continue to buy $60+, however it is now the stuff we like to eat, just in case we get stood up......again :D

Lived in the same house back off the beaten path for the last 27 years.  Yet to have a trick or treater :mellow:

• Like 1