Anyone near NJ?

geoffr

WOW!:

From an East Brunswick Estate Collection: The Best Collection of 1960’s Power Amps, Electronics, Receivers, and Tube Amps! This Estate collection, nothing was held back. We took over 300 lots of quality working Electronics from this extensive collection of Amps, Tubes, Speakers, Radios, Turn-Tables, and other related items! Cases of tubes for radios including many parts for McIntosh tube amps. Many great makers such as Telefunken, McIntosh, Scott, Thorns, Marantz, Pilot, Pioneer, Dyna, Toshiba, Harman Cardon, Fisher, Intereletronics, Grundig, plus much more! What a collection!

Though this one looks good, too:

Private Comic Book Collection to be offered in its entirety with no reserve! Thousands of comics from the 1960’s-1990’s with many Silver Age comics, no duplicates several professional graded including Iron Man #1 with a 9.0 grade, Giant Size X-Man #1 with a 7.5 grade, Spider Man #3 with a 4.0 grade, Fantastic Four #5, plus many other rare comics. Comic related toys and accessories! Comic Art! Batman and Superman toys! Plus, our normal 800+ lots of toys, dolls and trains will be offered!

:)

The 8b and the Mac gear are the major pieces, tubes are a very mixed lot, and it looks like nothing has been restored. Cosmetic conditions on the various tube gear are very good

An auction like this with a knowledgeable seller means there are literally no bargains to be had.

I avoid auctions almost religiously. There is almost always a shill or two in the audience.

But one never knows.

Edited by thebes

An auction like this with a knowledgeable seller means there are literally no bargains to be had.   But one never knows.

I think Thebes is trying to throw everyone off, and he will show up with his Escalade full of cash, his assistant driving a 20 foot Uhaul, and The Twins on his arms..... 

• Like 1

An auction like this with a knowledgeable seller means there are literally no bargains to be had.   But one never knows.

I think Thebes is trying to throw everyone off, and he will show up with his Escalade full of cash, his assistant driving a 20 foot Uhaul, and The Twins on his arms..... 

I make my money by being a shill, or is it by being shrill?

So In went to the auction, it's a monthly thing I found out, and the Asians overbid and ran things up on almost everything they bought.

There was a Fisher 400 in poor rusted condition that sold for $450.00 with no glass, no tubes, no knobs, no case and was falling apart. A set of McIntosh amps sold for $5700.00 that were pitted and also in rough condition, 2 Scotts amps (296) sold for over $540.00 each and were in fair condition at best. A Fisher 500 that shows it was redone 9 years ago, and never turned on from thatb time went for $950.00, 2 Dyna 35 amps sold for $390.00 and $410.00 and neither were updated. The list went on and on. The Thorens 125 turntable sold for $375.00 and was missing half the stuff on it

I did however get a nice Sansui AU 70 tube amp for $200.00, a computer monitor for $10.00, and a Sansui SR 212 Turntable for my daughter for $20.00

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1