70th Khorns & Heresy's.....Just Bad @ss!

McBlueMeter

what a  big ripoff. id order a normal pair have them reveneered in something ultra rare and have a one of a kind pair

That's like a coworker of mine who bought a cheap Mustang then put a bunch of Shelby-ish parts on it. His little snake symbol don't make it a Cobra. :)

I'd like to get some top grade flamy maple on something. I've never seen anybody do that. Can't even find any when searching.

• Like 1

what a  big ripoff. id order a normal pair have them reveneered in something ultra rare and have a one of a kind pair

That's like a coworker of mine who bought a cheap Mustang then put a bunch of Shelby-ish parts on it. His little snake symbol don't make it a Cobra. :)

I'd like to get some top grade flamy maple on something. I've never seen anybody do that. Can't even find any when searching.

Right >here<.

• Like 1

$1,200 additional for veneer?   :blink:  ...the Heresy is not a large speaker.

Can't just have a manufacturer make a special edition where only 70 pair will ever exist then expect them to only ask for the difference in the cost of a different veneer. :)

I for one am excited.

Take a Factory 1969 Boss 429 Mustang, a 1969 ZL-1 Camaro, or a 1971 Hemi Cuda' Convertible. You can take the base model of any of those cars, put the amount the originals are worth into any modifications you can possibly come up with, build a faster, better handling, better looking model than the original, but you will receive pennies back on your dollars when you go to sell it, while the original will appreciate in value. Just sayin :)

Rog

• Like 1

$16,000 on the K-horns, probably mid-April availability as well. It seems that they're hammering out the Heresy first.

Even though it would be cool to own a pair, i think thats a bit steep. I mean we have to look at functionality.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

$16,000 on the K-horns, probably mid-April availability as well. It seems that they're hammering out the Heresy first.

Even though it would be cool to own a pair, i think thats a bit steep. I mean we have to look at functionality.

I like the original Klipschorn script a lot! Even better than the Pie Logo, but for that kind of money, they could have put in some Alnico EV-15Ws fully restored, and some refinished K-5 Horns of Pauls with some updated derivers and Bubinga Veneer!

Then, you would have something collectable! :)

Roger

• Like 1

Dang.....$16,000 is well, insane.

Sorry but A LOT of other speaker options out there for that kind of $$$.

I highly doubt you will notice a $4,000 difference in sound from base Khorns.

$4,000 better esthetics?

$4,000 for a different logo?

$4,000 for different color grill cloth?

.....to each his own I guess.

Bummer...I was seriously considering a pair. I'll wait a few years and get a used pair off Agon for the 1/2 the price.

And for the record....I have owned Khorns and currently have an all "new" Heritage home theater.

Edited by McBlueMeter

Bummer...I was seriously considering a pair. I'll wait a few years and get a used pair off Agon for the 1/2 the price.

Why not order the Jubilee in Walnut, Cherry or Rosewood or spend some extra $$ to see if another fancy finish could be provided.

Updated speaker, better sound and lower price.

• Like 1

Why not order the Jubilee in Walnut, Cherry or Rosewood or spend some extra $$ to see if another fancy finish could be provided.

Updated speaker, better sound and lower price.

Exactly!

I'm going to try to get me some of those heresy's. How do you spell that anyway. Heresies? Heresys. Heresy's. Heresii?

The plural is Heresy speakers.

That's very good, mungkiman!

Metro, the apostrophe never should be used to construct a plural. AOL disagrees, causing me to wonder if AOL is of the "this is drugs" school.

I agree, sort of. Apostrophes are frequently misused to construct plurals, especially in handmade signs for roadside produce stands. For the most part, apostrophes are used to designate possessive or contractions. An exception is when pluralizing digits or letters. For example, "Billy got 3 C's on his report card." A winning poker hand might contain three 10's and two 9's. It is also acceptable to forego the apostrophes in the two prior examples. I prefer, "Billy got three Cs on his report card." A winning poker hand might contain three 10s and two 9s. IMO, it looks cleaner and saves keystrokes. You never know when you might need those strokes in the future.

As to the plural of Heresy, it's complicated by the fact that "Heresy" as applied to a Klipisch speaker becomes a proper name. The plural of heresy, as in theology, is "heresies." IMO, that looks wrong when applied to speakers. As has been suggested above, I avoid the dilemma by using a sentence construction that designates plural in another way, such as, "He purchased a pair of Heresy speakers."

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

As to the plural of Heresy, it's complicated by the fact that "Heresy" as applied to a Klipisch speaker becomes a proper name. The plural of heresy, as in theology, is "heresies." IMO, that looks wrong when applied to speakers. As has been suggested above, I avoid the dilemma by using a sentence construction that designates plural in another way, such as, "He purchased a pair of Heresy speakers."

I agree with you, and I think you are 100% right.  :emotion-21:

But...  (here it comes :rolleyes: )

In these days of "he 'disrespected' me..." :emotion-41:  instead of "he did not show respect to me"  I find the use of "Heresy's" with the apostrophe "good enough."  :cool:

• Like 1

I heard from a fairly reliable source that every pair of the70th Anniversary Khorns are already sold. I will try to get confirmation on that, but I'm pretty certain that's what I was told.

I hope, that would be grat news for Klipsch.