70th Khorns & Heresy's.....Just Bad @ss!

McBlueMeter

When and how much? When will you be telling the world? Me want.

I truly don't understand why Klipsch doesn't offer the cane grill as on option for ALL Heritage speakers. Also, why not a "walnut finish" in ALL of their speaker lines?

Edited by McBlueMeter
  • Like 1

Why not just get the Jubilee (which was the updated Khorn) and order it in Walnut.

Can't help you much with the cane cloth....It will however, sound better than the Khorn and likely be cheaper.

I understand you can even order it in Rosewood & Cherry.  

Way too big and way to difficult to order

That's fine but, it was designed to use the same footprint as the Khorn.  If you tuck them into the corner as designed, they really don't take up any more FLOOR space.  Now, as far as "eye-space", yes....it does look to be more intimidating but when you look at the footprint, not so much.

Difficult to order?  Nope there too....  pull out credit card, contact American Cinema and tell them which flavor you want.  Sit back 3-6 weeks (depending on where they are with production) and a truck will magically appear in your driveway with them in the back.  

(not trying to convince you, instead, illustrating for a casual reader what the reality is so they don't perpetuate some of the misunderstandings)

• Like 1

I'm going to try to get me some of those heresy's.  How do you spell that anyway.  Heresies?  Heresys.  Heresy's.  Heresii?  

The plural is Heresy speakers.

That's very good, mungkiman!

Metro, the apostrophe never should be used to construct a plural.  AOL disagrees, causing me to wonder if AOL is of the "this is drugs" school.

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1

When and how much? When will you be telling the world? Me want.

I truly don't understand why Klipsch doesn't offer the cane grill as on option for ALL Heritage speakers. Also, why not a "walnut finish" in ALL of their speaker lines?

Welcome to McBlueMeter. Reguarding your question about Klipsch not offering cane grills. I cannot and do not speak for Klipsch. First off the grills that they did offer which were discribed as cane are not true cane like you might find on a chair or on an old guitar combo cabinet. The real issue with the Klipsch cane grills is the sound. I agree that they do look lovely I like them from an aesthetic point of view but they simply are to disruptive to the sound quality in my opinion.I appreciate fine aesthetics but I am into audio for the sound over the looks. You can obtain speaker grill material which looks very much like the original Klipsch cane fabric so if you want to go that way you are most able to do so. That is your call. Good to have you on board. Best regards Moray James..

• Like 2

Is there a 70th Anniversary model, or just a 70th Anniversary celebration?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=klipschorn+70th

WMcD

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't see a difference in the photos other than the lighter colored grill cloth.

I still prefer the appearance of the pre-2005 Klipschorns with the horizontal trim at the top of the bass bin and the riser between the bass bin and the HF top cabinet.

• Like 1

I enlarged the plaque in the photo.  It reads:

“Klipschorn

70th Anniversary Limted-Edition

Klipsch is celebrating its 70th year by offering a special, limited-edition version of the legendary Klipschorn.  This iconic design will be available in matched pairs of Australian Walnut veneer.  Each speaker will feature a special limited edition plaque, signed by the builder, and laser etched with sequential number identifying it as part of a limited production run.  Only 35 pairs will be built.”

AUSTRALIAN Walnut?!  That's pretty and all but what about some good 'ole walnut grown in the US?  Some of the best Black Walnut in the world is grown not all that far from Hope.  Better hurry though... the Chinese are buying it up like crazy.  

I really like the looks of that badge!  On a more positive note I do think they look pretty sharp.