Cincinnati = Thugs

jimjimbo

This should have been a penalty. A chippy game goes nuts when refs let this go - even if he's not defenseless, that's a classic leading with the head at the head. Huge play and a huge swing in the emotional frenzied feeling for the bengals when this is let go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Amt_kYqE4UQ

While open to interpretation in the NFL, this would have caused Shazier to be ejected in a college game. This one play should be the reason the NFL moves to protect all its' players from targeting an opponents head with the crown of the helmet. I don't care if the receiver has become a "runner" or not this has to stop or the NFL is truly "Not for Long" as a sport. 

Mark

• Like 1

I read all of Jim's posts. I don't remember anything that he says but I do remember his avatar.

Keith

Me too. I vote every shallow man here change their Avatar to something involving a liking nature that can overcome any horrible content they place here.

Hmmmm...not sure whether to be happy or hurt....

butt, butt...just kidding.

Keith

• Like 1

OK, on to the next pair of games....Go Seahawks!

After the Steelers, Seahawks were the SECOND luckiest winners in the playoffs so far!  B)

(Vikings missed a chip shot FG wide left as time expired which have won the game for them) 

• Like 1

He had already made a FG with the laces pointed at him, but that really wasn't the cause....he simply shanked it....the pressure of the moment, the weather, several factors, but the laces issue is relatively minimal.  Don't forget, these guys actually practice kicking it on the laces....it's a part of the game that not every single snap and hold can be perfect.  I feel bad for him, but happy that the Seahawks escaped with a W.  The next game in Carolina is going to be......interesting.

I suspect Cam and Co will beat the living daylights out of Seattle. Patriots, Broncos, and Panthers are the three to beat. Cam is MVP of the season and maybe the SB too.

The Panthers are pretty much considered the 5th best team in the playoffs.

Pats are pretty beat up, and despite Brady declaring that he can "turn it on" during the playoffs the Pat's are not the hot team going forward.

Broncs have a great defense, the NFL's best.  Peyton is not Peyton, but man, who wants to bet against him?  With his injuries right now, I would.

I am a Steelers fan and I think they'll beat the Broncs this Sunday but Steelers have injuries all over the place as well.  Big Ben has a bad shoulder, their best receiver may not play and they are on the 4th and 5th starting running backs.

Kansas City is clicking on all cylinders.  KC represents the AFC when all the snow has settled.

Seahawks advance only due to a shanked FG, but the rule is survive and advance.  I think Seahawks advance to Super Bowl 50.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

It would be nice if some pro kicker would explain the technicality of the lacings issue.

JJK

Not a pro kicker here.................

The laces are at the contact area where the foot strikes the ball.  If the laces are in that area or slightly off center in that area, the foot doesn't strike the ball squarely.  It can make the ball hook or slice (to use a golf term) if you strike the ball slightly to the side of the lace area.

I think Pittsburg is the only team that can stop the Patriots, but the Broncos have the home field advantage. I'm not sure who I want to win in Denver, I just ant to see the Patriots stopped.

I wouldn't bet against Aaron Rodgers, but seeing a new team win would be nice.

I'm saying Broncos-Panthers

Panthers-Champs