National Bourbon Day

Ceptorman

Too bad for me that it is an "AFD", alcohol free day. I try to have 3 of them per week, one must have some sort of discipline in your life. I will have to celebrate this weekend, shouldn't be too much of a difficulty. Best bang for the buck bourbon I have come across is the Yellow Label Four Roses, around $20 a bottle here in NYC. Tough to beat for a Jackson.

I try to have 3 of them per week

Odd that I'm consciously monitoring that as well.  I try to only drink on weekends now (or at forum gatherings regardless of the day, LOL).  It was getting to be a bit of a crutch after work.  My biggest problem now is that I try to fit a weeks worth of imbibement into two days but I'm working on that as well.

• Like 1

Too bad for me that it is an "AFD", alcohol free day. I try to have 3 of them per week, one must have some sort of discipline in your life. I will have to celebrate this weekend, shouldn't be too much of a difficulty. Best bang for the buck bourbon I have come across is the Yellow Label Four Roses, around $20 a bottle here in NYC. Tough to beat for a Jackson.

Unfortunately I just started ten days worth of antibiotics [emoji20] have one for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to have 3 of them per week

Odd that I'm consciously monitoring that as well.  I try to only drink on weekends now (or at forum gatherings regardless of the day, LOL).  It was getting to be a bit of a crutch after work.  My biggest problem now is that I try to fit a weeks worth of imbibement into two days but I'm working on that as well.

Likewise.  Nothing Monday - Thursday.  Only Fri -  Sunday.  Slip sometimes, though.

Was hopeful that regimen for 13 weeks might help the blood sugar level.  Didn't budge.  Maybe the Metformin will do better?

• Like 1

Hooboy, oldtimer.  There are not a lot of basic pleasures left like good bourbon, and I am supposed to "take it easy".

Congrats on your success.  I bought a nice elliptical trainer 15 months ago, and I suppose I really ought to plug it in and try it out??? 

yeah and you will backslide like me, but it is still healthier than a continuous upward death spiral.  if you limit it to two good shots of bourbon a day, you will be fine.  There is always that fine line between living an enjoyable life and stupid.   I tend towards self destruction, yet somehow manage to keep it under control before ending up on that show.