Stereophile ad Absurdum

fuzzydog

you also get what is undoubtedly a special Norwegian Birch wood and thingamajig that goes around them

As far as I can tell, the line was invented by a plain ol' USA guy by the name of Joe Reynolds and has always been located in Mass.  In spite of all the Scandinavian letters and sounding names, the product doesn't seem the least bit No. European.  Not everyone likes how they sound, either.

If one wants more cost basis in their wire, they could at least consider Siltech, which uses actual gold and silver and probably costs at least what Nordost does.  Looks classier, too, so that, in one way, one is more likely to get what they pay for.

http://www.siltechcables.com/cables/classic-anniversary-series/

Edited by LarryC

Agreed.  I utterly failed a double-blind speaker cable test in Indy using what looked like multimeter test lead and my chosen speaker cable, braided CAT5e.  Braided CAT5 tests flat to @ 300kHz with low capacitance and inductance and resistance if you use enough. 

Bought my 1 and only copy of this magazine. best part is the lp reviews. Bought an LP recommended by the reviewer. We will see.

I took about 100 copies of this magazine plus other "audiophile" magazines to Hope, and nobody wanted them… needless to say, I will not be renewing my subscriptions.

The sheeple who make audio purchases based on a magazine review get what they want... an exclusive item they can brag about to impress other sheeple.

Let's not forget what a reviewer from another magazine did to Nordost in an effort to enrich himself:

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=critics&m=37715

Edited by Don Richard

I stopped reading audio reviewers many years ago realizing their reviews are more like advertisements than reviews. I giggle reading their reviews.

Rich people can afford to pay high amounts of money for items. Value is what someone will pay it and not always what it's worth. I've listened to expensive systems and they sound wonderful, but as a middle class man it still shocks me how much the rich pay for stuff, including wire, but I admit, if I was rich, I'd probably do the same. You can't take it with you. I sure hope they're charitable too though.

Yes, when that $6k power cord ends up in Salvation Army.  Wonder what the price will be there?

When the kids inherit all the stuff the stuff goes out on the front lawn for garbage pickup and that includes the K-horns because they have no idea what they are and could care less. Todays kids don't even want the house.

JJK