Stereophile ad Absurdum

fuzzydog

That's just painful. I freak out over a $50 2.2uF capacitor - but at least I can understand why it might cost that much - but wire?

But it's that super special flat wire! Makes all the sound waves rectangular. Fits better in rectangular rooms.  

• Like 1

"Temporal precision"..... That's what it's all about… give me a freaking break.

If you look closely at the box there is actually a little card you can hold with all these catch phrases so you can regurgitate it to all your buddies that you are trying to one up in your gated community. :D

"Temporal precision"..... That's what it's all about… give me a freaking break.

If its about temporal precision one better have an active crossover with digital delay capability to each amp/driver in their speaker system :)

Not touching the last entry....

This wasn't an ad, it was a review.  People with a lot more money than many of us have in the bank, have the right to buy audio jewelry.  There are a number of $100K speakers or components that don't sound better than many Klipsch.  The technology can be impressive but in the end, not that impressive. 

But again, you are allowed, super polished silver or platinum.   One of the two you can brag about more and get a little more out of.