Zebrawood Jubilee in the Garage

mikebse2a3

Actually to be serious now.......my garage would be a hard room to get right  the more I think about it.  I woulld like to know how you tame it once you feel it's right.  I see some treatments already.

Do the doors have any insulation?  Do the neighbors hear anything?

The doors are insulated.  Never had a problem with the few neighbors I have so far.

When I looked at the title of this thread I first thought the Jubilee was being discarded and waiting for the garbage man. JJK

:D

Hey I was looking at your avatar.... haven't I seen in the past where you do artistic wood art..?  If so I would love to see more of your work..!!!

My art website is jjkizart.com and it has my last Corvette restoration too.

JJK

Your photo skills are pretty darn good too.....

Very cool and classy setup.  Gotta ask, what's the "best" piece of music you've heard there (everything being equal...) so far?

I forgot to ask, does the Craftsman tool box absorb or disperse a particular frequency within your room scheme?   :)

Thanks jimjimbo

Well I haven't had a chance to listen a lot yet but BB King & Eric Clapton "Riding With The King" and Buddy Guy "Blues Singer" are sounding pretty good.. ;)

Hey my trucks might be out of the Garage but the Tools are staying... :D

Ah, a years long effort finally coming to fruition. Couldn't be happier for you my man. Looks awesome.

Paint jobs not too shabby either. :D

This suggestion is mixed a bit "hot', "large", possibly compressed but a worthy listen that would go well with those Jubs.

The albums called "Come On In'.  A white boys pay homage to the to an old blues guy album by playing the background tunes. Sorta like Howlin Wolf and Mick Jagger etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzC_rGX-XyM

Tain't nothin but the Blues!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well the journey begins again :D

These are some early pictures of my new dedicated Jub room (ie: former garage).

It will take a while to test and optimize and complete the room but it has finally begun...!!!

It appears the Zebra Chair will be my main listening chair after trying the Copper Leather chair first.

Experimenting with the Jub position optimization and how best to implement and optimize the acoustical treatment in this room are still to be determined.

miketn

I'm loving it....

• Moderators

Do me a favor and try out the group Fourplay, and a particular track named Bali Run, especially the beginning and first half of the song. The rest of the album ain't bad either…it should sound pretty stunning on your set up. Have fun!

Thinking the bass player was part of "One More for the Road" with Eric Clapton. He was awesome.

Yep, Nathan East!!!

Edited by dtel's wife

Just wanted to comment since some have mentioned it that while in the planning stages for the room I of course knew I would need to watch for any acoustical issues with the garage door but I also thought the door could possibly be used as an advantage with any room mode issues by acting as a bass absorber. If neighbors aren't an issue like in my situation a "leaky room in the bass region" can be beneficial and prevent the detrimental buildup of problem room modes.

Early listening results so far are very promising but time will tell... ;)

miketn

I have an idea for this. I think you should leave the garage doors operational and have at least space for one car you can back in there between the speakers. Then whenever you have to leave for work in the morning or go anywhere you simply blast "Flight of the Valkyres" at 110 db as your garage door opens and you drive off. I cant think of a more epic way to start your day. :D

• Like 1

I have an idea for this. I think you should leave the garage doors operational and have at least space for one car you can back in there between the speakers. Then whenever you have to leave for work in the morning or go anywhere you simply blast "Flight of the Valkyres" at 110 db as your garage door opens and you drive off. I cant think of a more epic way to start your day.

Well that would cover my leaving but what should I play when I arrive back home....? :D