April Madness 2017

DizRotus

4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Congrats Chuck.  Not to be denied this year.  

Where was Karnowski?  Meeks won the battle of the big bodies.

Thanks Neil.  Not a stellar performance by either team....matter of fact it was down right ugly.  As was mentioned earlier the refs wouldn't let them play and there was no rhythm at all.  Shooting was dismal.  A good defensive effort in the last minutes sealed the victory. 

Good night all....

• Like 2

Louisville coach Rick Pitino said on Mike&Mike this morning that the referees were fine but he didn't think the players adjusted to the referees.  That's an interesting perspective.

It's a shame all the talk on the morning sports shows are focusing on the officiating.  I bet Carolina fans aren't looking at it that way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richieb said:

What a terrible game. Neither team can shoot, waaay too many penalties. Refs are ruining the game, killing the pace.

Unwatchable.  I've never seen so many bricks and airballs.  I think I watched a total of 10 minutes.  If these two were the best of the best then I don't know what to think.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Louisville coach Rick Pitino said on Mike&Mike this morning that the referees were fine but he didn't think the players adjusted to the referees.  That's an interesting perspective.

It's a shame all the talk on the morning sports shows are focusing on the officiating.  I bet Carolina fans aren't looking at it that way.

Adjusting to the refs, there is a lot of truth to that in other sports. Baseball pitchers adjust to an umpires strike zone, football players adjust to a refs interpretation of holding, etc. But when you have 3-4 seven footers in the lane there is bound to be a fair amount of contact, let the boys have some room and play a Big Mans game when applicable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a Spartan, I'm excited by the prospect of Miles Bridges returning next season.   As a parent, I hope he purchased an insurance policy against a career ending injury.

With Miles, the Spartans will be formidable next season.  Without Miles, we would be feelin' Kind of Blue.

Even without Miles, some prognosticators predict MSU to be a top 10 team.  I hate high pre-season, or even early season, rankings; there's nowhere to go but down.

image.jpeg

• Like 1