HO HO HO, Merry Klipschmas!!!!

Mallette

• Moderators
On 12/12/2016 at 8:01 AM, Mallette said:

Jim Hunter arrives this afternoon with a pair of KI-396s, and an 1801 subwoofer to be loaned for the event next Saturday night marking the Inauguration Day for the Regional Music Heritage Center in Texarkana.  He'll also be bearing a pair of newly minted Heresy's and a La Scala to be placed at the RMHC as the first...and most useful...part of what will become a display to honor PWK's legacy to the music world.  PWK is the only non-musician, composer, or genre to be honored by the RMHC as his work advanced all of those, and more! 

The Klipschorns will be delivered "when it's time."  Can't rush those through the skilled hands of our friends and neighbors at Hope! 

Hopefully, (no pun intended) I'll have the system set up with my '72 'horns in time for my son to man an "open house" so folks coming Saturday for the event will be able to see our wonderful, historic downtown building that awaits renovation in the new year. 

POSTER.jpg

Thanks to KGI for their support!

Dave

KlipschStand.png

What size is this poster?  

Yep.  Given the 24" brick walls in that space, I could probably just turn these puppies full blast with Midnight Oil's "Beds are Burning" at full throttle, pause long enough to say "Turn out your pockets and I'll turn it down..." and secure funding for next year! :emotion-14:

Dave

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

What size is this poster?

That one is 24X72.  I can print them 24X anything up to a 100 feet.  And Jim Hunter knows KHMA is welcome to use this printer.  Free for "one offs," cost of supplies otherwise. Labor my pleasure.  We NPOs have to stick together...especially when our goals are shared!  "A rising tide floats all boats." 

Dave

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Looks like I need to start up the "Princeton Regional Music Heritage Center" :D

Great idea!  Certainly suggest a long, deep think first.  When you jump off a cliff, it's exhilarating.  If the chute doesn't open, it's fatal. 

Dave

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

Yep.  Given the 24" brick walls in that space, I could probably just turn these puppies full blast with Midnight Oil's "Beds are Burning" at full throttle, pause long enough to say "Turn out your pockets and I'll turn it down..." and secure funding for next year! :emotion-14:

Dave

you should TOTALLY do this ^   :D

4 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Great idea!  Certainly suggest a long, deep think first.  When you jump off a cliff, it's exhilarating.  If the chute doesn't open, it's fatal. 

Dave

I'm not exactly sure what Princeton has to offer specifically.  All the best stuff is from Oak Cliff and Fort Worth.  And of course, for most local music and jazz reproduction, Denton rules.

• Like 2

Jim Hunter arrives this afternoon with the Klipschorns to complete the Heritage system.  We will attempt to have it up and running Saturday morning with the RMHC building open for public inspection around 10AM. 

Man, this is both major fun...and major stress!  However, it is eustress.  Of course, that kind can cause a heart attack just like the other kind. 

Dave

OK, crappy phone photo.  Will do better tomorrow when the Klipschorns arrive.  I'll be making every effort to actually have the Heritage system at the RMHC working Saturday by 10AM, but it may be "look only" as it will be a pretty good stretch to get temp false corners together and the system wired and checked.  But this whole thing is crazy anyway.

The 1802 I am standing by and a pair of KI-396s will be heard tomorrow night at the performance The 1802 isn't there to be loud, but because it is required to get every nuance from the Roland synthesizer. If you hear it, we had it too loud. A0, the lowest note on a piano, has a frequency of 27.5Hz. This Klipsch 1802 subwoofer is flat to 21.5Hz, and so what you will hear is a properly reproduced piano, not musha-musha as we so often hear these days.

Still expecting that heart attack anytime.  Too much fun for words, my friends!

Dave

20161215_171959.jpg