HO HO HO, Merry Klipschmas!!!!

Mallette

1 minute ago, richieb said:

Interesting thread although Dave lost me at "eustress"? Thank you Google! 

Opposite of distress.  Most think of stress as distress, and most is.  But sometimes you get so worked up on good things you experience eustress.  Feels mighty good, but the physical impact is the same as distress.  Learned that making a documentary for the National University Hospital in Singapore. 

Hey...don't want anyone "lost"...  :D

Dave

3 hours ago, T2K said:

Congratulations Dave. Glad to see your dream come to fruition. I would come at the drop of a hat if I could. Ya' say it's a nonprofit?

Keith

If working at total loss is non-profit, absolutely.  If the folks don't turn out and support I am screwed...but really don't give a hoot.  It's the right thing to do.  But my faith and belief is that the people of this region will support us. 

To answer your question directly, RMHC is an Arkansas chartered 501(c)(3) corporation.  I am NOT going to solicit money here as I was on the working group that formed KHMA and remain on the Advisory Group.  RMHC will be working hand in hand with KHMA and KGI to educate the public about the work of PWK.  For RMHC he is the ONLY non-musician, composer, or genre to be honored because without him, the work of the rest would not be heard as intended.  Most folks here think only a minority of the general public have heard Klipsch.  How many go to the movies and experience Dolby THX?  Without John Eargle, who learned speaker design and quality audio engineering directly from PWK, that system would be good, but not great.  What we hear in it is PWKs standards, one generation removed.  But if you know how hard actual THX certification is to achieve, you are talking echoes of PWK. 

Dave

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mallette said:

Most folks here think only a minority of the general public have heard Klipsch.  How many go to the movies and experience Dolby THX?  Without John Eargle, who learned speaker design and quality audio engineering directly from PWK, that system would be good, but not great.  What we hear in it is PWKs standards, one generation removed.  But if you know how hard actual THX certification is to achieve, you are talking echoes of PWK. 

You are a plethora of information! B)  I really was trying to get to this event, even to the last moment, but we have way to much goin on until Christmas eve to get outta Dodge. Cheers to you for inspiring to do it in the first place and good luck for a majorly successful event and sending good karma your way. :emotion-44:

Hey, ZT, I am just beginning to learn and drinking from a fire hydrant. 

Just learned Klipschorns went to Indy.  Won't have them until Monday.  A relief.  Too much to do.  However, we'll have the Heresy IIIs and La Scala out.  With the subwoofer only a K'horn person will notice the difference.

KI's and 1801...and piano...moved to the performance hall this AM.  Only a couple of hundred other things to worry about.

Dave

Let me be the first to post about how the inaugural RHMC event was worth way more than the price of admission.  The sound, courtesy of Jim Hunter and Klipsch, was magnificent, as expected.  However, the information and especially the education was so much more than anyone had a right to expect, as it included some firsts for the region, and a world premiere to boot.  And I'm not just saying that because I earned a spot on the Board of Directors (inside joke).  The reception had quality and even spontaneous entertainment, along with gourmet hors d'oeuvres that were world class, and believe me, I've crashed some fancy receptions all over the world, and these were top notch.  I wish more of the forum members had been able to attend, because they would respond to just how modest my description here actually is.

Mallette is someone we can all be proud of, because he is one of the few who are actually making a difference in a public and positive way in his hometown.  His concept for the RHMC will truly transform the center of a historically noteworthy town through its own rich heritage of music. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The reception had quality and even spontaneous entertainment, along with gourmet hors d'oeuvres that were world class, and believe me, I've crashed some fancy receptions all over the world, and these were top notch.  I wish more of the forum members had been able to attend, because they would respond to just how modest my description here actually is.

Jeez dude---If I knew you were going I woulda tried hitchin' a ride. I like gourmet hors d'oeuvres!

The Klipschorns are here!  Delivered by Jim Hunter as he picked up (sniffle) the 1802 and KI-396s Tuesday.  Much as I want to, no unpacking until after Christmas.  Need to rest!  However, I'll have them cranking the first week of January. 

Dave

20161220_170208.jpg

• Like 4