Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RSVRMAN said:

Hope they won't mind how I look, I may appear a bit aged from the wait.

IMG_3640.JPG

What are you at now, two months, 3?  When you get to a year let me know, that's when you can start to whine.

You have everything ready?  Standard settings entered into your amps/active crossovers, all your cables set up?  Are you going to start with factory settings, or use calibration technique?  Have you tried doing a dry run on that with other speakers?

29 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

What are you at now, two months, 3?  When you get to a year let me know, that's when you can start to whine.

You have everything ready?  Standard settings entered into your amps/active crossovers, all your cables set up?  Are you going to start with factory settings, or use calibration technique?  Have you tried doing a dry run on that with other speakers?

Travis,

I certainly wouldn't be representing Klipsch online in this fashion.  You need to understand the situation a bit more, I think.  Trent is well within his rights to "whine", as you put it (I'd call it "loss of patience").  I believe an apology is due, especially since he's been so patient thus far. 

This is a multi-thousand dollar expenditure, and it needs a customer service experience commensurate with that fact.

Regards,

Chris

• Klipsch Employees
2 hours ago, Chris A said:

Travis,

I certainly wouldn't be representing Klipsch online in this fashion.  You need to understand the situation a bit more, I think.  Trent is well within his rights to "whine", as you put it (I'd call it "loss of patience").  I believe an apology is due, especially since he's been so patient thus far. 

This is a multi-thousand dollar expenditure, and it needs a customer service experience commensurate with that fact.

Regards,

Chris

Although I regret the extended time to build these, EVERYONE is informed that these are special builds and as such, are allotted build time in the plant around regular production. 

Just so inaccurate rumors don't come up regarding Trent's wait, the deal was that he was out of the country until the last week of February, and we were hoping to time it so that he got them soon after he got back.  They were originally scheduled to be cut the middle of February, purposely pushed back to that time to accommodate for his trip, which seemed like a good plan at the time.  I'm not sure what happened but when we got to that point, this starting time apparently kept getting pushed back and they were started a few weeks later than what was originally intended.  Any other time a few weeks wouldn't be a big deal and should be expected, but if you combine that with the time from when he placed the order to when the were originally supposed to start, it sounds worse.  He's been a pretty good sport about it in my opinion. 

I've certainly done my fair share of bugging reps, Roy, inside sales guys, account coordinators, and who knows who else, then tried to communicate what I knew.  Trent and I are up to 82 emails and who knows how many phone calls, texts, and chats elsewhere about these things, plus all the research I've done to get answers, so hopefully none of this falls back on me, I don't see how I could have gotten any better answers any quicker or gotten them built any sooner.  It just is what it is, gotta be patient, the wait's almost over.

This is a complicated and very large custom product that isn't exactly flying off the shelves, so I realize there's significant logistical problems in getting them made with any kind of accurate schedule, but we're also largely flying blind, often not knowing certain details and plans, which can lead to aggravation when a customer is excited.  Both sides needs to realize the other viewpoint is all. :)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Pushing to 4 months actually. I actually believe I've been pretty light hearted throughout this process. At no time have I taken a chunk of someones rear, or rather gotten upset. At most, its probably disappointment, as yes I'm very eager to hear these and have them playing in my home. Keep in mind, the WAF is not very high, when considering the circumstance. Explaining the amount you deducted from the ol bank account with no results is not an easy conversation. Id like to say that the pictures are to make the best of the situation, as I anticipate their arrival. Its not my intention to be whining, rather just excited as I'm awaiting something I really want. So as to why the pictures of waiting for a longer than expected wait time? When purchasing, I was informed that it would be much, much shorter than this. Maybe there is a break down in the communication and Klipsch should notify dealers what the expectation is when buying a custom order? This isn't something my dealer, nor myself should be blamed for. For perspective, I've ordered a vehicle with several customizations and had it delivered in a shorter time frame. I did my fair share of homework before I bought these and I may be wrong, but I don't believe I saw any other purchasers that have waited this long. While these Jubilees are somewhat custom with the cherry front, they are not full mahogany veneered, so I believe the year wait comparison is quite a different circumstance. Now if Klipsch feels comfortable broadcasting that a year "could" be expected, then that is fine as well. I believe it would be Klipsch's due diligence to update the dealers that this is the expectation. While I have no idea how it would affect sales of the Jubilee if this would be there standard, I would probably considered other options more closely if this was the relative time-frame. 

In addition to the above, there was at least one possibly two other owners that received Jubilees before mine, when I had placed my order before them. While mine may have a custom finish, the difference in arrival isn't weeks, its months. Now for the turning point that caused some disappointment. While I'm happy that Klipsch has sold more Jubilees since the start of this thread, due to the incoming orders, mine were again delayed because it was convenient to build several at once. I'm sure this also drives down build costs, but it also threatens integrity. It doesn't make for a pleasant buying experience when you find out that they are delayed again and in addition that they still haven't started. 

Keep in mind those boxes above are not mine. I'm aware mine are probably shipping very very soon, but I still do not have a delivery date. 

Now on a positive note, I'm actually quite happy with the buying experience. My dealer has been rock solid with responses and has been on the horn to get these things done. By no part has this been his issue. In addition, I did receive a relocation of the wires to the back of the bass bins, so this is something that is really made me quite happy. I'm also very happy with how the cherry appear in the pictures.

{To answer your questions, yes I have calibrated all the settings to what were specified by Roy. I plan to run REW and adjust as needed from there. I've read through my AVR manual and played with what I can. Somewhat limited on that as you need speakers to go further. I have all of the wires dangling ready for hookup. I do not have other speakers to test and I do not intend to buy some for that general purpose. }

This thread started as an advice needed and kind of transformed into more of an experience. In all of the threads I've tracked down, this one probably has the most compiled information with the most contribution from Jubilee owners than I've seen elsewhere. I'm very thankful for this and hope it brings more awareness that these speakers are available and do indeed exist. I want this to stay positive in which other owners or future prospects can research and post questions. I've found archived caches of the old forum, yes I know it existence, so I think this is a great opportunity to create central place for others to gravitate to. I also intend to do a major edits to the first post with links to pages within this thread and others to help find the correct information. At the end of the day, we all want good audio and no bullshit, if I can help in some form of achieving this, I will. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Just so inaccurate rumors don't come up regarding Trent's wait, the deal was that he was out of the country until the last week of February, and we were hoping to time it so that he got them soon after he got back.  They were originally scheduled to be cut the middle of February, purposely pushed back to that time to accommodate for his trip, which seemed like a good plan at the time.  I'm not sure what happened but when we got to that point, this starting time apparently kept getting pushed back and they were started a few weeks later than what was originally intended.  Any other time a few weeks wouldn't be a big deal and should be expected, but if you combine that with the time from when he placed the order to when the were originally supposed to start, it sounds worse.  He's been a pretty good sport about it in my opinion. 

I've certainly done my fair share of bugging reps, Roy, inside sales guys, account coordinators, and who knows who else, then tried to communicate what I knew.  Trent and I are up to 82 emails and who knows how many phone calls, texts, and chats elsewhere about these things, plus all the research I've done to get answers, so hopefully none of this falls back on me, I don't see how I could have gotten any better answers any quicker or gotten them built any sooner.  It just is what it is, gotta be patient, the wait's almost over.

This is a complicated and very large custom product that isn't exactly flying off the shelves, so I realize there's significant logistical problems in getting them made with any kind of accurate schedule, but we're also largely flying blind, often not knowing certain details and plans, which can lead to aggravation when a customer is excited.  Both sides needs to realize the other viewpoint is all. :)  

Responded when I wrote wall of text. I'd repeat that I couldn't be happier than purchasing them through you.  I'm very thankful for your knowledge and help with all this. 

82 emails with lots of information and possibly 1 or 2 delivery updates. Hah

• Like 1

It's going to be fine.  Once you get them this will all be ancient history and you'll be all smiles.

If memory serves me, when I ordered mine, there was 'about' a five week wait until delivery.

Wouldn't have been so bad had I not sold my Khorns the day I listed them and Mark came to get them that following weekend so I was without anything in that room for about a month, giving my wife plenty of time to get accustomed to seeing no speakers in there (and (close your eyes Roy) not wanting any "ugly teenager speakers" to replace them)

Felt like forever....but once they arrived, all was well (but for the wife) :unsure:

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Chris A said:

Travis,

Regards,

Chris

I don't represent  Klipsch, neither do you.  This is an issue,, to the extent, it was one, between the buyer and his dealer.  His dealer is top notch.  I have heard nothing but great things about that dealer, including from the buyer here.  You are entitled to your opinion as to what you think he is entitled to, and people are pretty free to offer their opinions around here as to what they think someone is, or isn't entitled to, on all types of transactions, private sales, with Klipsch, and everything else.

I see Roy already addressed the issue, and he does represent Klipsch so nothing to add there.

Now everyone has a little bit more information to add to the knowledge base.  If you have an order in, don't pull it, you never know what may jump in ahead of you, have your dealer make arrangements to store them for you.  They can take anywhere from 6 weeks to (don't know the outside number) 6 months?  What the longest time anyone has waited from time that the order is actually entered? That would probably be a good thing to add to an FAQ.

Well the important thing is that he has them and he will have a lifetime of enjoyment out of them, or at least until Roy comes up with something better and we all purchase whatever that is.  When that time comes, I know it can be a 6 month wait, or longer.  

Travis 

23 minutes ago, Coytee said:

It's going to be fine.  Once you get them this will all be ancient history and you'll be all smiles.

If memory serves me, when I ordered mine, there was 'about' a five week wait until delivery.

Wouldn't have been so bad had I not sold my Khorns the day I listed them and Mark came to get them that following weekend so I was without anything in that room for about a month, giving my wife plenty of time to get accustomed to seeing no speakers in there (and (close your eyes Roy) not wanting any "ugly teenager speakers" to replace them)

Felt like forever....but once they arrived, all was well (but for the wife) :unsure:

Oh for sure. It's a hiccup, but I know what I'm getting so it will be worth the wait. Had I known it would be his long, I would still order them, but the expectation going in would be easier. Something that now future buyers can ask their dealers before hand and get a better picture. That way there will not be disappointment of any kind. 

I see this also as an opportunity for klipsch to possibly adopt a more agile approach to production. Audiophiles are becoming more common and there may be a bigger future for custom orders. At the same time not many people would be willing to wait translating to lost revenue. 

Another option would be to have two of each veneered in hand. While they are large, I would assume they would have warehouse room for them. It's not like they have an expiration date. Knowing you could have a pair drop shipped within the week could be a selling point. My .02

Side note - I've been running without any speakers since November. Nothing but one tiny Bluetooth speaker and the TV. Thank god I have my IEMs. I also have been to a few listening sessions. 

25 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- In the bathroom, huh? While waiting a Jube drop? I see a very nonchalant attitude here so, sorry ---

No Jubes for you - One Year !!

One Year!! Thats it I'm going on the lawn from now on....Now if I actually did have to wait a year, I think you may see me in skynews. 

Angry.JPG

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RSVRMAN said:

Pushing to 4 months actually. I actually believe I've been pretty light hearted throughout this process. At no time have I taken a chunk of someones rear, or rather gotten upset. At most, its probably disappointment, as yes I'm very eager to hear these and have them playing in my home. Keep in mind, the WAF is not very high, when considering the circumstance. Explaining the amount you deducted from the ol bank account with no results is not an easy conversation. Id like to say that the pictures are to make the best of the situation, as I anticipate their arrival. Its not my intention to be whining, rather just excited as I'm awaiting something I really want. So as to why the pictures of waiting for a longer than expected wait time? When purchasing, I was informed that it would be much, much shorter than this. Maybe there is a break down in the communication and Klipsch should notify dealers what the expectation is when buying a custom order? This isn't something my dealer, nor myself should be blamed for. For perspective, I've ordered a vehicle with several customizations and had it delivered in a shorter time frame. I did my fair share of homework before I bought these and I may be wrong, but I don't believe I saw any other purchasers that have waited this long. While these Jubilees are somewhat custom with the cherry front, they are not full mahogany veneered, so I believe the year wait comparison is quite a different circumstance. Now if Klipsch feels comfortable broadcasting that a year "could" be expected, then that is fine as well. I believe it would be Klipsch's due diligence to update the dealers that this is the expectation. While I have no idea how it would affect sales of the Jubilee if this would be there standard, I would probably considered other options more closely if this was the relative time-frame. 

In addition to the above, there was at least one possibly two other owners that received Jubilees before mine, when I had placed my order before them. While mine may have a custom finish, the difference in arrival isn't weeks, its months. Now for the turning point that caused some disappointment. While I'm happy that Klipsch has sold more Jubilees since the start of this thread, due to the incoming orders, mine were again delayed because it was convenient to build several at once. I'm sure this also drives down build costs, but it also threatens integrity. It doesn't make for a pleasant buying experience when you find out that they are delayed again and in addition that they still haven't started. 

Keep in mind those boxes above are not mine. I'm aware mine are probably shipping very very soon, but I still do not have a delivery date. 

Now on a positive note, I'm actually quite happy with the buying experience. My dealer has been rock solid with responses and has been on the horn to get these things done. By no part has this been his issue. In addition, I did receive a relocation of the wires to the back of the bass bins, so this is something that is really made me quite happy. I'm also very happy with how the cherry appear in the pictures.

{To answer your questions, yes I have calibrated all the settings to what were specified by Roy. I plan to run REW and adjust as needed from there. I've read through my AVR manual and played with what I can. Somewhat limited on that as you need speakers to go further. I have all of the wires dangling ready for hookup. I do not have other speakers to test and I do not intend to buy some for that general purpose. }

This thread started as an advice needed and kind of transformed into more of an experience. In all of the threads I've tracked down, this one probably has the most compiled information with the most contribution from Jubilee owners than I've seen elsewhere. I'm very thankful for this and hope it brings more awareness that these speakers are available and do indeed exist. I want this to stay positive in which other owners or future prospects can research and post questions. I've found archived caches of the old forum, yes I know it existence, so I think this is a great opportunity to create central place for others to gravitate to. I also intend to do a major edits to the first post with links to pages within this thread and others to help find the correct information. At the end of the day, we all want good audio and no bullshit, if I can help in some form of achieving this, I will. 

I thought those were your speakers sorry.  I was going to take all of the credit for their arrival.  Kind of like someone going to the restroom while everyone is waiting for their order always guarantees that it will arrive.  Well, you do have a great dealer, have heard, and keep hearing, nothing but great things about him. 

Come to the pilgrimage this year, April 27th to 29th, you will have lunch with the crew that made them and I bet they will sign a certificate of build for you.  You will meet Roy who will have Jubilees set up on display.   He will tell you how he and Paul worked on that speaker together, how he came up with what is currently available (which you are buying) and anything else you want to know.

Because of the order process nature of the 2-way Jubilee, there is a counter-intuitive silver lining in your wait.  The longer your wait means the better that things are going at the plant in Hope.  It means they are working on regular production items like Heritage and Pro-cinema.  I know that doesn't do anything for your situation, but to a lot of us around here knowing that things are busy and steady in Hope is a great thing.

When we got ours back in the day, it took such an effort for Roy to get them through, we had to bribe him with blueberries and Grater's Ice Cream.  I ordered mine in a very special way and told Roy I didn't care how long it took him to do it, told him to take his time.  He had to do a lot of work, ended up improving the build and cut list on the LF, so I waited through that and he would update everyone on the progress.  It was a year.  I went through same things you did, "concerns" of wife, etc.  I had people telling me that they wouldn't  wait that long, or do that, etc. that had no idea of the full story.  I just kept telling them I wasn't in a hurry and that Roy was aware of it, I wanted them done the way he wanted.  I, along with you, ended up with a quicker and better build after he went through different new prototypes.  

I love this thread you started, a lot of great information in here for everyone that follows you to look at.  I believe I posted on the first page that you were getting a lot of opinions from a lot of different directions and I suggested you get the stock set, get suggestions on processors/amps/crossovers from @Chris A or @mikebse2a3 and then go from there on drivers etc.  

Now, people can see that while things can take a certain amount of time ON AVERAGE, if things are booming in Hope you need to prepare to wait.  On paper it might seem easy to be able to give a reasonable estimate, even if it is running longer than expected.  But it isn't the case, I don't know all of the specifics, they could explain it to you if you and your wife came to Hope, but if someone like Regal Cinemas puts in a six or seven figure order there isn't going to be any custom work for awhile, you are going to the back of the line.  You can't read anything into orders being placed after yours, or ahead of yours, etc.  I know that logically it is frustrating, it drives me crazy at a burger joint.  You just have to realize it isn't McDonald's and it for sure isn't a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder.  It is like Speed said above, it is strictly off the menu.

The only reason the KPT-KHJ-LF exists at all is because  Roy asked if he could put it in the Pro-Cinema line.  The only reason why it is available as a two-way like we get it with those drivers on the 402 is that Roy created a special custom order number for it.  A lot of people have forgotten that at one time Roy had to approve someone for the order.  That morphed into one dealer specializing in getting the orders in, and there was even some confusion on that.

You will get them, and if prior experience is any predictor, you will be stunned and amazed.  The wait will have been well worth it and the furthermost thing from your mind.  

I hope your setup is quick and easy, it took quite awhile with the old DX-38.  It sounds like you are well prepared for their arrival.  You are an excellent writer and I am looking forward to your comments and photos on initial install, and long term with tweaks you try, what you like and what you don't.

I hope any new prospective purchaser will run across this thread and see what is involved in purchasing a Jubilee system, that the setup is easier than what might be expected in some ways.  I am also glad there is a reminder in here for everyone to see that while a knowledgeable authorized dealer can try and ascertain an estimate on the build time, that's all it is, an estimate.  It still remains an off the menu, custom made to order item, and wait times can vary.  I am sorry that yours was a set that got lengthened, apparently by the continuing press of business for their regular items. 

Looking forward to hearing of their arrival and your thoughts and review.

Travis

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

When we got ours back in the day, it took such an effort for Roy to get them through, we had to bribe him with blueberries and Grater's Ice Cream.  

Amateur.  I bribed him with Trappistes Rochefort 10, the holy grail of beers. :)  True story.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Amateur.  I bribed him with Trappistes Rochefort 10, the holy grail of beers. :)  True story.  

Well that explain's the 4 month wait.  You should have gone with the Graters, especially since you have access to it in KY.  You would have had them in a week. :) 

• Like 1