The Sr. Delgado (Forte III) a "Best of" CES by AVS

Well deserved.  The Forte II's were a big hit before and Roy I'm sure put further golden touches for the III.

I had the chorus III for many years.   You would think I would like it even more, but for some reason the Forte II sounded better to my ears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwc said:

I had the chorus II for many years.   You would think I would like it even more, but for some reason the Forte II sounded better to my ears.

Yes, I've heard this quite a few times before, they each have their own unique sound for sure. The forte II seems more laid back and softer yet the lower bass seems to reveal itself with somewhat ease. The Chorus II is more up front, in your face and the bass while a little more reluctant to present itself when it does is a totally different, live chest thump kind of experience. I imagine how loud you listen, what type of music you listen to and the equipment used to drive them could easily sway one to prefer one over the other.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 2point1 said:

So they sounded great with a tube amp.

Bummer. I don't have a tube amp. My friend had some back in the late 80's.

They were driven by a TOTL Yamaha Receiver. They sounded great but were

fatiguing  after a while.

They will sound great with SS too.  The were designed with SS,  tested with SS, voiced with SS.  

21 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, I've heard this quite a few times before, they each have their own unique sound for sure. The forte II seems more laid back and softer yet the lower bass seems to reveal itself with somewhat ease. The Chorus II is more up front, in your face and the bass while a little more reluctant to present itself when it does is a totally different, live chest thump kind of experience. I imagine how loud you listen, what type of music you listen to and the equipment used to drive them could easily sway one to prefer one over the other.

I've owned both and while I really liked the Forte II (which for the money may be the best, most well rounded speaker they've made), the Chorus II just had that little "something" extra. I always describe it as being "smoooooth" and DYNAMIC! And with the right amplifier it has bass that will thwack you in the chest.

I only sold mine so I could get my first pair of LaScalas...

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, thisgsx said:

What I would like to see from Klipsch is for them to come out with a true center channel for their heritage line rather than using another "tower" from the heritage line like we do now.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

When I was looking for a center channel between forte ll's the next closest thing was an Academy or I think it was c-7 ? Both was only a few inches short of a forte laying down, not a BIG difference. I would guess to be a "true center" if would have to be big to match the sound, like the size of RF centers to Rf towers, there not small.

If the center is any less that the mains you will really hear it since so much info is from the center, it has to keep up.

The only real difference with laying them down is which way the horns are pointing, I have been doing it for years you would be surprised how little difference it really makes, people who say differently must be able to hear much better then me ?

• Like 1

When I was looking for a center channel between forte ll's the next closest thing was an Academy or I think it was c-7 ? Both was only a few inches short of a forte laying down, not a BIG difference. I would guess to be a "true center" if would have to be big to match the sound, like the size of RF centers to Rf towers, there not small.

If the center is any less that the mains you will really hear it since so much info is from the center, it has to keep up.

The only real difference with laying them down is which way the horns are pointing, I have been doing it for years you would be surprised how little difference it really makes, people who say differently must be able to hear much better then me ?

I'm sure the academy's do well with the fortes but I was referring to the klipschorn, la scala, belle, and cornwalls.

2 hours ago, thisgsx said:

I'm sure the academy's do well with the fortes but I was referring to the klipschorn, la scala, belle, and cornwalls.

The Cornwall is a center to the Khorns. You could also use the La Scala or Belle.

The Cornwall is a center to the Khorns. You could also use the La Scala or Belle.

I understand that but a true center channel that is built and designed to be horizontal rather than utilitzing another full size tower from another heritage line. Running 3 full size towers up front just doesn't make for a waf.