Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Starting an analogue listening thread 

Because Klipsch and records go hand in hand I thought it would be appropriate for a dedicated record spinning thread 

Time permitting I will work through my record collection one by one and post as I go with a nice photo 

Hope all record ( darksiders ) tragic's will follow my lead and post on this new Vinyl / Record spinning thread 

So to kick it off I will post one of the very first albums I purchased - and I had to order it 

Artist - King Crimson

Album - Young Persons Guide 

TT - Garrard 401

Stylus - Stanton 981 LZS 

Tonearm - Transfi Terminator 

Let the fun begin on the Darkside :love

image.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Schu said:

Love the garrad...

Did you do all the modifications to the tone arm yourself? How loud is the pump?

As an engineer I like to get my hands working 

I built the plinth and referbished the Garrard and fitted the tone arm 

The air pump has also been modified and is very quiet but I will place it into a sound insulated box

19 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Try to stage an album cover in front of your gorgeous speakers.  You know I've always lusted over them:rolleyes:

Just for you 

On the next post, so keep watching 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Starting an analogue listening thread 

Because Klipsch and records go hand in hand I thought it would be appropriate for a dedicated record spinning thread 

Time permitting I will work through my record collection one by one and post as I go with a nice photo 

Hope all record ( darksiders ) tragic's will follow my lead and post on this new Vinyl / Record spinning thread 

So to kick it off I will post one of the very first albums I purchased - and I had to order it 

Artist - King Crimson

Album - Young Persons Guide 

TT - Garrard 401

Stylus - Stanton 981 LZS 

Tonearm - Transfi Terminator 

Let the fun begin on the Darkside :love

image.jpeg

http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/ttrabco.html

post-63465-0-05520000-1466994384.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

This is different than the RTM thread?

Awww cmon Carl, these vinyl guys don't want to be lumped in with the losers that play CD's, stream Spotify and Tidal, and all that NON-analog junk....It's just like tubes vs. SS dontcha know.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

^^^^^

I don't know there 'Heel. I had thought Carl was a good lookin' bartender until his all too frequent and blatant display of toes and feets. And for those foo-paahs his ranking had to be lowered, way low, matter of fact he has been kicked (get it, kicked - feet) out of any contention for Best Looking Bartender with Ugly Feet rankings. Should have left well enough alone, Carl.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Ahhhhhhhh.  So there's no vinyl at the RTM thread?

I spin vinyl in the RTM thread, as well as play CDs, digital music files, stream Pandora, and even play a cassette tape now and then.. :D

• Like 4

1 minute ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

I don't know there 'Heel. I had thought Carl was a good lookin' bartender until his all too frequent and blatant display of toes and feets. And for those foo-paahs his ranking had to be lowered, way low, matter of fact he has been kicked (get it, kicked - feet) out of any contention for Best Looking Bartender with Ugly Feet rankings. Should have left well enough alone, Carl.

I promise I'll wear sneakers in Hope unless it grows back really gnarly.  If that happens I'll have on sandals all weekend.

• Thanks 1

^^^^^

Another promise, please. No resting the "ugly" foot on chairs, tables or counter tops. If you insist I'm sure Rodney has a place in the pasture where animals rest their wounded hooves. Just follow the arrows to the back 40. Thanks for the consideration.

Gentlemen 

It's a Vinyl Spinning thread because not all music is available in other formats 

Not only do we like to see the record spinning around it's also normal to sit and listen to the record from start to finish without the constant - stop, start, change track with the remote control ( you all know what I mean ) 

Anyway next spinning session I have stuck with King Crimson 

For @Tarheel a special photo

Artist - King Crimson 

Album - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1