Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

25 minutes ago, Full Range said:

We hear you mate 

We have also been through the ringer but we had a fight with nature 

Country wide fires one year 

Floods this year

And although it’s not to the same degree it sure feels the same -  as the land affected is so huge with whole towns destroyed and tens of thousands affected 

So we help each other out and keep sane with a little musical diversion 

I saw news about the floods in Australia. Equally devastating... 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I saw news about the floods in Australia. Equally devastating... 

It’s a conundrum

Humans can be the most compassionate and on the flip side the most cruel 

Humans in pursuit of power and wealth can be cruel to both nature, and human kind alike 

Its worse when in government as that also fosters secrecy and corruption, and what’s worse is they operate with impunity 

• Like 1

Ok, could not resist.  Decided to wander off and spin up a tiny bit of magnetics in a vintage machine I bought brand new back in the day.  Long before cassettes were loaded in a door they were put in a lighted 'garage'  facing away from you.  Since Wednesday evening was JT on vinyl, I continue in this format, hope you don't mind.IMG-20220312-213322.jpg

IMG-20220312-215428.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Decided to wander off and spin up a tiny bit of magnetics in a vintage machine I bought brand new back in the day.  Long before cassettes were loaded in a door they were put in a lighted 'garage'  facing away from you.  Since Wednesday evening was JT on vinyl, I continue in this format, hope you don't mind.

I have 2 cassette tape players  

A Nakamichi and a Tascam 

And a Revox R2R 

Just not connected to the system 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Ok, could not resist.  Decided to wander off and spin up a tiny bit of magnetics in a vintage machine I bought brand new back in the day.  Long before cassettes were loaded in a door they were put in a lighted 'garage'  facing away from you.  Since Wednesday evening was JT on vinyl, I continue in this format, hope you don't mind.IMG-20220312-213322.jpg

IMG-20220312-215428.jpg

Realistic used to be distributed in Belgium too, back in the days. Where I grew up, they were sold in Tandy shops where they also sold electronics and first generation personal computers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Realistic used to be distributed in Belgium too, back in the days. Where I grew up, they were sold in Tandy shops where they also sold electronics and first generation personal computers.

Realistic is a brand manufactured by RadioShack, and it’s also division of Tandy Corporation, Realistic was developed for audio and video products for home use. 

Edit

We have Tandy in Australia as well 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Tandy started out selling leather and leather craft gear, like belt and wallet kits, and they bought Radio Shack in 1963.  It was losing lots of money, but Tandy made Radio Shack profitable in just two years.  I think they may have sold it around 1975.

Tandy also made portable computers, like the Tandy 100.  Its form of extra memory was an external tape drive unit that used cassette tape as the recording medium. To us modern people, it looks like a 1.5”/38 mm thick tablet, and has only two lines of dot matrix text.

Over here, Radio Shack is now called The Source, and they hardly carry any electronic goodies anymore, and no Radio Shack or Realistic branded goods.  Instead, they have various electronic products, like computer monitors, headphones, radios, and so on, but the same brands you can find anywhere else.

• Thanks 3

This used to be my very first 'computer'... The Tandy MC-10. It connected to the tv screen directly and I remember it had 2kb of memory. It was programmable in 'basic'. Must have been in the early 1980s.  I gave it away to a neighbour who studied electronics. 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/18/1987180/-Adventures-in-Retrocomputing-TRS-80-Micro-Color-Computer

It didn't spin vinyl, though...

Adventures in Retrocomputing: TRS-80 Micro Color Computer

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Smoothin things out right now w/a lil David Sanborn...  :)  Sounding totally amazing cranked.  

Backstreet is a 1983 release with Steve Gadd on the drums.

The album peaked at number one on the Billboard Traditional Jazz albums chart on January 27, 1984.[2]

david_sanborn.jpg

• Like 3

Ok, @Full Rangejust WHY did I pull this album next???  You KNOW I want to go to the Eagles show coming up Ariil 19th in Columbus don't you???  That would make two shows in about 6 months.  Just about ready to pull the trigger...  Ugh.  I just can't stop and put it away...  Too darn good!

Eagles-Hotel_California.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

This used to be my very first 'computer'... The Tandy MC-10. It connected to the tv screen directly and I remember it had 2kb of memory. It was programmable in 'basic'. Must have been in the early 1980s.  I gave it away to a neighbour who studied electronics. 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/18/1987180/-Adventures-in-Retrocomputing-TRS-80-Micro-Color-Computer

It didn't spin vinyl, though...

Adventures in Retrocomputing: TRS-80 Micro Color Computer

50 minutes ago, Islander said:

Yeah, among serious computer fans, the TRS-80 was a pioneering device.  It’s more complex than the Tandy 100.

My first computer and I still have it in storage was the

Atari 520ST

http://www.oldcomputers.net/atari520st.html 

From what I read - they are still in use to this day in studio setups in music making 

• Like 3

Good evening vinyl friends....  Tonight, spinning this well recorded 180gram double LP from Marillion.  The Ortofon Blue on this budget turntable showing up my Rega RP6 with plenty of low end extension.   Here is a fresh photo.IMG-20220313-204221.jpg

• Like 4