Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 hours ago, AndreG. said:

PXL_20230501_142926512.jpg.6cdf502d72ce4feb263f4565961ca09c.jpg

PXL_20230501_144045860.thumb.jpg.95b853903f2c39f33353b3e149fcaa42.jpg

When I first saw these, I thought it was another one for the bin, but no! Only the last song skiped in three places until the needle plowed through. So, I will keep it after all as the rest is quiet. I´ve had worse LPs that looked way better at first sight...

There are ways to reduce the severity of of those scuffs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Similar or a continuation of 

Alan Parsons Tales Of Mystery & Imagination 

Similar in name mostly. Worth the listen however for some. The original the better, imo.

Listen to it...a bit like opera in places.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, billybob said:

Who is Eric Woolfson anyway?

Eric Norman Woolfson

Profile:

Scottish singer, keyboardist, songwriter, lyricist, producer, manager and co-founder of The Alan Parsons Project. He also wrote several musicals. 

Born in Glasgow 18 March 1945, died 2 December 2009

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Eric Norman Woolfson

Profile:

Scottish singer, keyboardist, songwriter, lyricist, producer, manager and co-founder of The Alan Parsons Project. He also wrote several musicals. 

Born in Glasgow 18 March 1945, died 2 December 2009

Thanks! Well then the release likely came before his demise. Thought must be related to the Project. The vast base of subject matter needed and still needs other treatments of the Poe works. Poe-Poet-Poem.

The best Paul...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@Full Rangestarted this over in the youtube thread and now I'm here on a mission.  Cookin again.  Dream Theater is sooo much like "Yes" was back in the day.  Factor in the 60 years I've been around and I kinda shake my head but...  Yes on steroids perhaps?  I have a ton of their stuff so I was nosin and scored one ready to unzip.   :)  Yes Sir, 3lps callin my name.   :)  Round and round they go.  "Once in a LIVE time"

20230501-171343.jpg

Once in a LIVEtime is the second live album by American progressive metal band Dream Theater, released in 1998. It is their second live release. It was produced and recorded by Kevin Shirley during the European leg of the Touring into Infinity world tour, at the Bataclan theater in Paris.

Jay Beckenstein of Spyro Gyra plays alto saxophone on "Take Away My Pain". 

:) Enjoy!  You're going feel like ya just jogged 5 miles all in the comfort of your living room. Then ya begin the ride.  You'll be smiling!   Goals, remember Goals....  😂

Hello ! @Dave1291 and everyone ☺️

This head is the Antique theater of the city of Orange, I lived 3 years next to it at the end of the 90s. There are many Roman monuments in my region, I now live further south at 30 miles

In this theater there are many concerts, especially classical music and operas: the acoustics are one of the best there is.

https://theatre-antique.com/

16345800.jpg

For rock, it's more often in the arenas of Nîmes, also in the region : Kiss, Placebo, Metalica, U2, Deep Purple, Artic Monkees, Elton John, ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Status Quo, UB40, Tear For Fears, SlipKnot, Depeche Mode, Mark Knopfler, Texas, Marylin Masson, Portishead, Santana, Supertramp, Black Eyed  Peas, Sting Simple Minds, RHCP, ... Ennio Morricone and many French artists: all love the sound in this ancient monument

Ar%C3%A8nes-de-N%C3%AEmes-2-%C2%A9-L.-Bo

000034419.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

"Well
You lie down with dogs you fall in with thieves
You're gonna catch something but you do as you please
You're scratchin' an itch that nothing can ease
You lie down with dogs you get up with fleas

Get out and find yourself another lover
Why don't you find yourself another lover
Open up your eyes and realise
You don't mean nothing to me I'm not your mother
You gave me all that you had to give
But there's a whole lotta fish in the sea"

"You don't fool me with your tinted eyes and make-up
The firebird hides in shadow when you wake up
Your golden hair is black
Your jeans are tight but your hide is slack
Try it on the company, but you don't fool me"

Just lyrics from two of the tunes on APP's "Eve". Think maybe he had just split with his gal or was taken in a divorce. Sense anger in those lyrics with the second quote from "I'd Rather be a Man"

Those were the first I'd ever heard of him when they were on FM. Picked up a promo copy at the record fair downtown.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Hello ! @Dave1291 and everyone ☺️

This head is the Antique theater of the city of Orange, I lived 3 years next to it at the end of the 90s. There are many Roman monuments in my region, I now live further south at 30 miles

In this theater there are many concerts, especially classical music and operas: the acoustics are one of the best there is.

https://theatre-antique.com/

16345800.jpg

For rock, it's more often in the arenas of Nîmes, also in the region : Kiss, Placebo, Metalica, U2, Deep Purple, Artic Monkees, Elton John, ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Status Quo, UB40, Tear For Fears, SlipKnot, Depeche Mode, Mark Knopfler, Texas, Marylin Masson, Portishead, Santana, Supertramp, Black Eyed  Peas, Sting Simple Minds, RHCP, ... Ennio Morricone and many French artists: all love the sound in this ancient monument

Ar%C3%A8nes-de-N%C3%AEmes-2-%C2%A9-L.-Bo

000034419.jpg

I do remember that I spent some nights in a Hotel in d`Orange , une ville magnifique, on my way to Barcelona , la route du soleil , je n'oublierai jamais  🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Do all the things that Uncle @JohnJ needs
I ain't the dog that bites the hand that feeds me

@JohnJ sent me a rough looking draw the line that his dog chewed on!  So I played side 1 it sounded good.. I flipped it to side two and lost my mind!!!! Aerosmith never sounded so good... The music jumped off the vinyl.. I must of played side 2 10x's in a row...

it blew me away!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2