Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Had no furniture in new apartment so after the semi lotus position for awhile got a blow up chair. It converted into a floor mattress overnight when the air leaked out...no sharp objects warning. Had I known, would have gotten a d🦉oll instead...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Had no furniture in new apartment so after the semi lotus position for awhile got a blow up chair. It converted into a floor mattress overnight when the air leaked out...no sharp objects warning. Had I known, would have gotten a d🦉oll instead...

JaJa , the electrical airbed that I use is quite comfortable and I got so much furniture from my older apartments stored in the basement form my house that made everything so easy. I took all that stuff and moved ...😂. The living room is closed to be finished after 5 days, the audio gear sounds dreamlike in the smaller listening room , never ever expected that. As I said ....it was the right decision, even I have to work 18 hours a day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

BTW, is there a story about the El Paso to San Francisco... thanks.

Just a short one. I stayed in El Paso 2000/ 2001 for training at the German (Air Defense) Rocket School (RakSLW). In December 2000 my sister came over to visit, and together we drove from Texas to San Francisco. We passed through New Mexico, Nevada and California. Las Vegas was dull somehow, never liked that place much, have been there twice. But our last stop, before getting to SF, was in a little town in northern CA, called Bishop. We always say that we want to visit there again some day. Stayed in SF for three days, the usual things, Alcatraz, China Town, Goden Gate and Fisherman´s Warf. SF was nice, back then, don´t know about today. 

We drove highway 101 on the way back, that was great! Just passed through L.A. and then back on I 10 to El Paso.

All in all great trip. Death Valley is really that - DEAD, never been to place that really is quiet, so much so you hear your blood rushing through your ears...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A buddy is a big Crowes/Robinson brothers fan, suggested Warpaint when I asked for a recommendation. I found a pretty blue pressing at a record show some weeks back and decided to give it a spin tonight. Big sounding recording, really dig it!

IMG_1927.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm just sittin back watching @JohnJ's butt a lot as he is divin into shelves and mumbling about how I've got 3 of this and 3 of that.  He's starting to get with the program a lil bit more each day.  I just sit here and grin on the inside.  Today he cranked the LS up a bit and I thought it was about time to take him to the edge a bit more.  Parted his hair and I smirked even more.  Just about time to knock him alllll the way down.  It's about those goals.  Always gotta have 'em.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Today I went grocery shopping across the border, in Leclerc Bailleul, France, which is only 30km from my home. 

I treated myself to goat cheese, Camenbert, pain flute etc. 

But hey, I also bought two vinyl records! 

Jean Michel Jarre's 1979 Oxygene and The Scorpions' Tokyo Tapes, which I consider their best live album. 

PSX_20231008_122638.jpg

PSX_20231008_123440.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Today I went grocery shopping across the border, in Leclerc Bailleul, France, which is only 30km from my home. 

I treated myself to goat cheese, Camenbert, pain flute etc. 

But hey, I also bought two vinyl records! 

Jean Michel Jarre's 1979 Oxygene and The Scorpions' Tokyo Tapes, which I consider their best live album. 

Oxygene is a great album and also in my collection 🤘

• Like 3

Only have a CD copy, but wife was working a 12hr shift yesterday, so I worked on the past weeks laundry. While ironing I played Tangerine Dream's Melrose. They put out over 100 albums, Melrose was the 20th studio album (39th release), from 1990.

Melrose_-_Tangerine_Dream.jpg

• Like 5

In my opinion the Mad Hatter usually pulls good stuff out of his hat. This time it´s my first VDGG. Some parts are not easy for me to listen to, 12 tone disharmonics... didn´t like it at school, this is rather demanding in some parts. Something new to me:

PXL_20231008_134607115.thumb.jpg.ac357d9635e33f9e648bee00e3098c5f.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/release/7642717-Van-Der-Graaf-Generator-World-Record

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, you guys do know I've called @Dave1291 the DJ for a while now. This record collection is out of control !!! Found a lot of winners in here, played a few today... last two were "Blues For Allah" and "Frampton's Camel" Both of those are favorites of mine.. the Dead's since the eighties, that Frampton since I got it a couple years ago!

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=2R1spEzVd4w&list=OLAK5uy_lmVVjQHweqvEsjSIP3xcYu18yyRcKUF9g

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1