Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

We had two 60-70 foot oaks taken down a few years ago.. they were only about 8ft from the house and old enough that they were starting to lose branches. We are in a subdivision that isn't in the county and no woods connected to our propert - meaning we had to get rid of the leaves. I had about 40-50 large bags, so I would stuff a few into my Subaru Forester and take them to work. Since the college had a couple hundred acres or so, they let me dump them where they dumped all of their leaves, grass, trees, etc. It took a couple weeks...

Not much hitting the yard now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

We had two 60-70 foot oaks taken down a few years ago.. they were only about 8ft from the house and old enough that they were starting to lose branches. We are in a subdivision that isn't in the county and no woods connected to our propert - meaning we had to get rid of the leaves. I had about 40-50 large bags, so I would stuff a few into my Subaru Forester and take them to work. Since the college had a couple hundred acres or so, they let me dump them where they dumped all of their leaves, grass, trees, etc. It took a couple weeks...

Not much hitting the yard now...

think you were in the wrong thread 😂 , but it really doesn´t matter  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

think you were in the wrong thread 😂 , but it really doesn´t matter  😉

George, it's almost like listening to this one.  I got the poor kid next door.  Did my thang again today and dumped everything on the outside of the bushes hiding the side of his backyard.  He sits on the corner of the street coming into the oval.  Left everything else of his go.  It'll all wind up here anyway.  I'll just let him mumble for a while.  😂

Mid 60's tomorrow so might just slip out and hit mine a couple more times.  Windy today so just smiled on the inside as I watched them blowing towards the neighbors north of me.  Maybe I should hit "Satisfaction" now.  😂  Bleh, just another day in Duckburg.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

George, it's almost like listening to this one.  I got the poor kid next door.  Did my thang again today and dumped everything on the outside of the bushes hiding the side of his backyard.  He sits on the corner of the street coming into the oval.  Left everything else of his go.  It'll all wind up here anyway.  I'll just let him mumble for a while.  😂

Mid 60's tomorrow so might just slip out and hit mine a couple more times.  Windy today so just smiled on the inside as I watched them blowing towards the neighbors north of me.  Maybe I should hit "Satisfaction" now.  😂  Bleh, just another day in Duckburg.

That’s probably my favourite Rolling Stones song 

But I don’t have any Stones albums in the collection as the didn’t tickle my fancy in my youth 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

But I don’t have any Stones albums in the collection as the didn’t tickle my fancy in my youth 

Me either , I like what they´re doin , but never had a wish to buy a record from them . Even if I would buy all their albums they ever produced , who cares 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Me either , I like what they´re doin , but never had a wish to buy a record from them . Even if I would buy all their albums they ever produced , who cares 😂

Spot on George 🤘

On the other hand this next album is inspiring 

No other guitarist can exhibit such feelings of anger, love, awe and happiness better than this artist 

Artist - Jeff Beck

Title - Wired 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/20511487-Jeff-Beck-Wiredg

IMG-4715.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Up goes the volume!  I remember hearing this album at every party back in the 80s or so.  As soon as it came on, the volume would be cranked up, by popular demand, and everyone paused to listen to Boston.  Cool!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 7:11 AM, mustang_flht said:

Hello everyone !
I present to you my new turntable, I received it yesterday, it's a Technics SL-1210G (the one with the bronze platter). It's wonderful, I'm listening to Charlie Hunter Trio on it. @KROCK has the same (in Silver it seems to me) for its mono monitors

https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/819466-Charlie-Hunter-Trio-Bing-Bing-Bing

DSC-3321.jpg

CH2.jpg.681e617b49e5f9b4b34d02eae0980568.jpg

🤩

Somehow, that all-black treatment gives your turntable a sinister look.  I've got an SL-1210M5G, which has a silver tonearm and pivot assembly, and it looks more run-of-the mill, compared with the monochrome look of yours.  It does have the speckle black paint, though, so that's a different flavour of cool.

It's funny how Technics can bring out a new turntable that appears to be mostly the same as previous models, and yet clearly sounds better.  Yes, the bronze platter and the new motor must play a big part in the improved sound, but the classic style is preserved.  If I listened to my LPs more often, I'd be looking at a 1210G myself.

Happy spinning!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Full Range said:

Spot on George 🤘

On the other hand this next album is inspiring 

No other guitarist can exhibit such feelings of anger, love, awe and happiness better than this artist 

Artist - Jeff Beck

Title - Wired 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/20511487-Jeff-Beck-Wiredg

IMG-4715.jpg

Indeed , have it as well !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Somehow, that all-black treatment gives your turntable a sinister look.  I've got an SL-1210M5G, which has a silver tonearm and pivot assembly, and it looks more run-of-the mill, compared with the monochrome look of yours.  It does have the speckle black paint, though, so that's a different flavour of cool.

It's funny how Technics can bring out a new turntable that appears to be mostly the same as previous models, and yet clearly sounds better.  Yes, the bronze platter and the new motor must play a big part in the improved sound, but the classic style is preserved.  If I listened to my LPs more often, I'd be looking at a 1210G myself.

Happy spinning!

That´s still their best ..the SL 1000 R , but over $ 16 K 🤑...without cartridges 😂

Technics_SL-1000R-2-660x330.jpg.9fb1fde9687f46d5d50f75d7a1b8e07b.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Certainly looks very well made, but I doubt You could hear the difference to your rig, George...

3 hours ago, KROCK said:

Wanna bet?

Direct drive to Belt drive. The difference can be heard.

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I say: "Anyone who bets, loses." 😉

Screenshot_20231104_144705_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5