Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Part of a recent record bulk buy is this album 

The album is more raw and organic in the track presentation than the studio recorded versions 

And I think it is possibly a bootleg with very very good SQ

Artist - Amy Winehouse 

Title - At The BBC

7B316BBC-38A0-4E74-B78F-6476E2AD098C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The other Amy Winehouse album in the recent purchase set was the classic 

Spinning now a favourite album 

Amy had that uniqueness that could not be ignored ( RIP Amy ) 

Artist - Amy Winehouse 

Title - Back To Black 

936D8F97-7855-4788-9A4A-E64C507210E0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Full Range said:

Part of a recent record bulk buy is this album 

The album is more raw and organic in the track presentation than the studio recorded versions 

And I think it is possibly a bootleg with very very good SQ

Artist - Amy Winehouse 

Title - At The BBC

7B316BBC-38A0-4E74-B78F-6476E2AD098C.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Winehouse_at_the_BBC

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Mike this is my version with Red cover 

It indicates that it’s unofficial on the info so I have deduced from the info that it’s a bootleg 

https://www.discogs.com/Amy-Winehouse-At-The-BBC/release/5660869

• Like 2

Really like Amy's stuff. Live also...Well, picked up 5 lp's from place was looking into local. First was a decent copy of the double lp Grease.

Getting some more there soon as going into a bigger stack next. Getting a few from a forum seller soon. So, will be breaking out the cam...soon. I know...I am slowwwww:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, billybob said:

Really like Amy's stuff. Live also...Well, picked up 5 lp's from place was looking into local. First was a decent copy of the double lp Grease.

Getting some more there soon as going into a bigger stack next. Getting a few from a forum seller soon. So, will be breaking out the cam...soon. I know...I am slowwwww:)

You are a champion mate 👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello again folks! I recall Amy had a good voice and use of it, but never really listened.. I will soon

This LP hasn't been brought out in a long time, I got it before the radio ragged the tunes out for me and everyone else. Sounds dated like some 80s movies but not in a bad way like those same movies do.

IMG-20181125-203816.jpg

IMG-20181125-203858.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reality around here has been kicking my butt the past few weeks.  Had to put my 94-year-old Mom into assisted living.  Diagnosed with "Sundown Syndrome" a form of dementia.  Basically she works nite shift fighting sleep and waking up at all hours.  Daylight comes she's ready to go for a few hours then naps on and off the rest of the day.  Tough on my sister and I because now we know she's not going back to her home she's lived in forever.  God's plan.

Additionally, I shipped my PrimaLuna back to "the bench" in Cali after I lost my left channel.  Here I sit mumbling using my headphone amp and cranking cd's.  They call, it arrived fine and had been on the bench running perfectly for 4 hours w/no drop-outs.  So he asks if I was SURE I switched the speaker wires confirming a L channel loss.  I'm like seriously?  On both my LS & Heresy and yup...  Rotated the tubes and everything was burning.  He said he didn't do a thing just plugged it in.  He'd looked everything over from start to finish and saw nothing.  So here I go...  Just do us both a favor and keep it til you find the problem because it's just gonna extend my warranty sittin on your bench.  Even lost the R channel a couple times.  Always happens on start up.  Any ideas?  Crazy he didn't see anything and it's running perfectly...  He said they rarely have anything come back in for repair and he's shocked to hear this.  Ugh...  Just MY luck!  Sure just ship it back so FedEx can beat the crap out of it during the Xmas rush...   Gonna get hot and buy a Mac yet!  Grrrrr...  lolol

• Sad 4

17 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Reality around here has been kicking my butt the past few weeks.  Had to put my 94-year-old Mom into assisted living.  Diagnosed with "Sundown Syndrome" a form of dementia.  Basically she works nite shift fighting sleep and waking up at all hours.  Daylight comes she's ready to go for a few hours then naps on and off the rest of the day.  Tough on my sister and I because now we know she's not going back to her home she's lived in forever.  God's plan.

Additionally, I shipped my PrimaLuna back to "the bench" in Cali after I lost my left channel.  Here I sit mumbling using my headphone amp and cranking cd's.  They call, it arrived fine and had been on the bench running perfectly for 4 hours w/no drop-outs.  So he asks if I was SURE I switched the speaker wires confirming a L channel loss.  I'm like seriously?  On both my LS & Heresy and yup...  Rotated the tubes and everything was burning.  He said he didn't do a thing just plugged it in.  He'd looked everything over from start to finish and saw nothing.  So here I go...  Just do us both a favor and keep it til you find the problem because it's just gonna extend my warranty sittin on your bench.  Even lost the R channel a couple times.  Always happens on start up.  Any ideas?  Crazy he didn't see anything and it's running perfectly...  He said they rarely have anything come back in for repair and he's shocked to hear this.  Ugh...  Just MY luck!  Sure just ship it back so FedEx can beat the crap out of it during the Xmas rush...   Gonna get hot and buy a Mac yet!  Grrrrr...  lolol

Might have a bad bunch of electricity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Might have a bad bunch of electricity.

Should have asked the tech about that when they called this afternoon wanting to ship it back.  Said he traced, pulled and checked EVERYthing but dropped it and it's still running.  On the way home now so by the time it's mixed in w/the Xmas crap...  Sighs...

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, joessportster said:

I finally have my TT set up MOSTLY, now I need a precise way to align the cartridge, Table came with a paper ruler type 2 point protractor but that does not set a precise arm length any suggestions other than Dr Fiekart I simply dont have 250 to spend on 1........................

I use a mirror protractor that I got from EBay 

But that is for a tangential arm