What I Got Today!

Brac

You splice it into your system for however you intend to use it. In my case it's only doing the subs. Then you connect it to your computer (after downloading the necessary plug-in, driver and other software required) and you program the mini-dsp from the computer and save it to the mini-dsp box. After that, you disconnect the computer and it's not needed until you want to make a change later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After that you control your gains from your preamp, sub amp, sub controller, AVR or whatever you've got going on.

I just learned that this is absolutely necessary with these Tuba subs. Otherwise, you will contemplate selling them every few months.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Look what followed me home after only an 8 hour driving day, Emotiva XPA-5 gen1.  I've got 5 1m SVS RCA cables coming in Thursday.

My original plan was to use the living room Marantz 6011 as the pre, bi-amping the L/R and using the 5th channel for the Center, but you what?  The Marantz already has 125 watts to 9 discrete amps power a 3.1 RF-83 and RC-64. 

Most of my listening is done in the Mancave so I think I'm going to use the Onk 717 as a pre-out and see if 200 wpc will wake up the CF-4's!

The 77 pound Sherbourn SR-120 AVR in the pic bit the dust, but nobody told me the XPA-5 was close to 90 pounds!

Emotiva XPA5 Small.jpg

CF-4 computer setup.JPG

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

what are you getting ?

I've Ordered a "C" Sharp by E.A.T.

Since its got to come from the Czech Republic, it's gonna be 4-6 weeks...

I could have gotten the "C" major and received the TT right away, but I wanted a 10" tone arm and heavier/larger plater design.

000221-02.jpg

2 minutes ago, A1UC said:

I bought a Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar

Let’s hear it ....

What?  I think that's precious.  :wub:

If you swap out the mid driver for an K-55-X, add ti tweeter diaphragms, Crites crossovers, some dynamat, maybe brace the cabs...I think you'll have something.