What I Got Today!

Brac

19 minutes ago, A1UC said:

I didn’t do any of the work , I hired it all out . Dang Carl make me sound lazy lol

You don't impress me as a diy'er.  I just made a lucky guess.

My wife used to work for a Dr that we became good friends with.  Anytime that anything needed to be done in his house his wife would call me over to do it.  She never trusted him with a screwdriver or hammer in his hands.  He couldn't even change a spark plug on a lawn mower.  We talked (joked) about it once.  He said he never needed to learn how to do those things as long as he made enough money to pay someone else to do it.  No, I never charged them for anything but he paid others to do things for him on a regular basis.  Still does.

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's been around for a couple of years, it's much more watertight than cement board, and more money.

I used dura rock in my bathroom..

restuded the walls 1 foot on center..

to hang the tile...

ripped out the subfloor...to the joist..

glued and screwed..with 3/4 ply...

thin set the 3/4 to except the dura rock for the floor...screwed 2 -1/2 on the perimitor ..3-1/2 in the field...

IMG_20180210_084725_hdr.jpg

• Like 1

You don't impress me as a diy'er.  I just made a lucky guess.

My wife used to work for a Dr that we became good friends with.  Anytime that anything needed to be done in his house his wife would call me over to do it.  She never trusted him with a screwdriver or hammer in his hands.  He couldn't even change a spark plug on a lawn mower.  We talked (joked) about it once.  He said he never needed to learn how to do those things as long as he made enough money to pay someone else to do it.  No, I never charged them for anything but he paid others to do things for him on a regular basis.  Still does.

That’s not all true , I started building stuff like this last yr with my daughter but decided there was not enough money in it lol . 96ee13d99bd2b9a8ad3a1ddbb8b051ba.jpgd29c048c5f04ab38e884b989d84df0e8.jpg7ad55e58599ab470a7b68e3ece465d0b.jpg3f65f7d167e081bae47f98a553891ac0.jpg

58d605f366a1a57a5cdba8d3f1af9a00.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I used dura rock in my bathroom..

restuded the walls 1 foot on center..

to hang the tile...

ripped out the subfloor...to the joist..

glued and screwed..with 3/4 ply...

thin set the 3/4 to except the dura rock for the floor...screwed 2 -1/2 on the perimitor ..3-1/2 in the field...

IMG_20180210_084725_hdr.jpg

Looks good Mike, that's quite a chore.

That Kerdi Board is super easy to work with. It comes in a lot of thicknesses. The 2" thick pieces are strong enough to make a seat in a shower out of it without the need for any wood structure beneath it. Saves a lot of time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A1UC said:

That’s not all true , I started building stuff like this last yr with my daughter but decided there was not enough money in it lol . 96ee13d99bd2b9a8ad3a1ddbb8b051ba.jpgd29c048c5f04ab38e884b989d84df0e8.jpg7ad55e58599ab470a7b68e3ece465d0b.jpg3f65f7d167e081bae47f98a553891ac0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work. I'm amazed how cheap some people will work for, sometimes it makes no sense to do it yourself. 

Doing a project with your kids though.....hard to put a price on that :D

• Like 2