What I Got Today!

Brac

43 minutes ago, michaelwardjoines said:

The weather has been too nice to resist this 2012 Mini with 13K miles. 

Mini - 1.jpeg

13k miles , that's brand new -----------what a beautiful car , you're going to have a lot of fun , and no gaz consumption problems of any kind , we used to own a 4 cylinder mini , it was a blast to drive , with a manual

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RandyH said:

-------this is way more weapon than soldiers used in WW2 , congrats - wow it really looks great - 

You're way wrong about that.  For starters, this is a .22 cal - a tiny round that is great for target practice and training yourself up to handle a rifle - the explicit purpose I bought it for.  Not so great for a guy running at you with armor and a rifle much larger caliber than you.  Sure as hell isn't going to do much in a CZ.

IMG_20200609_122106.thumb.jpg.60fb9b558d3506b971a711a1536c436f.jpg

This (which I also got last week) however is EXACTLY what they used in World War II.  .30-06.  Lots more firepower than the puny .22 that I posted up there.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, billybob said:

The Browning automatic rifle (BAR) was first thought with long history with different variations and cartridge capability. At least originally 30.06

and at least 3 others over time.

--you are very right - BAR  , very heavy , low recoil -  and definitely overbuilt -------

On 6/13/2020 at 1:33 PM, The History Kid said:

IMG_20200609_122106.thumb.jpg.60fb9b558d3506b971a711a1536c436f.jpg

This (which I also got last week) however is EXACTLY what they used in World War II.  .30-06.  Lots more firepower than the puny .22 that I posted up there.

Oh yes, the M1 Garand.  One of my favorites.  I shoot one in the CMP Garand matches.  Both of my sons got one for their HS graduation present from dad (me).

Congratulations History Kid.  Is yours a Springfield or Harrington & Richardson or IHC?  Did you have to wait long to get it?

10 hours ago, Seadog said:

Oh yes, the M1 Garand.  One of my favorites.  I shoot one in the CMP Garand matches.  Both of my sons got one for their HS graduation present from dad (me).

Congratulations History Kid.  Is yours a Springfield or Harrington & Richardson or IHC?  Did you have to wait long to get it?

I used to have a national match M1 and mounted a 4 power Weaver side mount scope kit on it. Have you ever tried to drill and tap holes in an M1 to mount a scope?

It worked really well with 1" groups at 100 yards with store bought ammo.

JJK

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I used to have a national match M1 and mounted a 4 power Weaver side mount scope kit on it. Have you ever tried to drill and tap holes in an M1 to mount a scope?

It worked really well with 1" groups at 100 yards with store bought ammo.

JJK

Never drilled an M1 receiver and probably never would do it to modify a standard M1.  I have considered finding an M1C sniper version with the factory drilled mounting holes.  My CMP Special can hold groups much better than I can shoot just using the standard peep sights.  I did shoot 94/100 off-hand in a match one time when the stars aligned.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:02 AM, KROCK said:

MiniDSP DDRC-24 has arrived in my living room! (Dirac version of ...

Hey Krock , Quick question how good of a DSP is this MINIDSP---- they had 2 versions of these , are you impressed with it , just asking since I was also looking into these - tx

• Like 2

You guys kill me with all your goodies....

Today, I got....parts towards fixing a problem!  

I've got a bent rod on the steering cylinder of my backhoe, have a frozen in place King Pin for the front wheel (that is proving to be a real pain to remove)...

So, between work, weekends.... some exterior help, I keep working on it.

(pictured are the new King Pin, cotter pin to lock it in place, steering cylinder piston (yellow parts) and steering cylinder gland (I think it's called)....  the locking end cap.

Right now, last main issue is pulling the obnoxious old king pin out one way or another (tried several so far).... then once it's out and cleaned up, I'm ready to put the new one back in as well as rebuild the steering cylinder.  All of those are shown here.  Notice the cotter pin that holds the King Pin...  the King Pin has a bevel in it and the cotter is also beveled.  The cotter goes through the axle (solid steel, about 2 1/2" by 10") and the two angles mate, locking the King Pin into place.

Rod.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1