What I Got Today!

Brac

18 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Wow.  I need to go up on my rates.  Wait, I'd just be charging myself more.

remember not to participate in price gauging or you may have to take yourself to court. although i suspect whatever the decision would be would be a win ... and a loss. 

Audio rack jewelry

Panamax M5400-PM Line conditioner/surge protector/voltage regulation/power meter

Yeah I know... Snake oil. Only third world countries need this stuff. Whole home. Brand X is better. Whatever. It does exactly what I want.

2020-05-19 18.30.00.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Bell'O ATC402

Will be my home network/server rack

ATC402-02.jpg

If you can return that, do it.  I had this... I was a total POS.  It warped to crap and started falling apart.  I left a review and pictures on Amazon.  I ended up buying a cheap, small replacement without a door which has held up significantly better. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, yamahaSHO said:

If you can return that, do it.  I had this... I was a total POS.  It warped to crap and started falling apart.  I left a review and pictures on Amazon.  I ended up buying a cheap, small replacement without a door which has held up significantly better. 

Got it from a broke guy getting evicted, so no return policy. Paid $95. Thanks for the warnings. I have 3 racks for my real gear. This will one will be parked in the laundry area, so I hope it does not blow up!

5 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Got it from a broke guy getting evicted, so no return policy. Paid $95. Thanks for the warnings. I have 3 racks for my real gear. This will one will be parked in the laundry area, so I hope it does not blow up!

That's not terrible.  I just remembered looking for something that would fit what I wanted and then spent nearly $400 on it, and it was much bigger than I wanted for what it was...  Although not a lot of money in the grand scheme, I expected it to not be a huge problem for me.  The shelves don't support nearly any weight as they will flex and warp.  The back warped so bad that the magnets did not really hold it on anymore.  

I will probably end up building something to get what I want.  I found it extremely difficult to find something not overly HUGE AND EXPENSIVE to get something nice, with a door, and cooling.  

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

That's not terrible.  I just remembered looking for something that would fit what I wanted and then spent nearly $400 on it, and it was much bigger than I wanted for what it was...  Although not a lot of money in the grand scheme, I expected it to not be a huge problem for me.  The shelves don't support nearly any weight as they will flex and warp.  The back warped so bad that the magnets did not really hold it on anymore.  

I will probably end up building something to get what I want.  I found it extremely difficult to find something not overly HUGE AND EXPENSIVE to get something nice, with a door, and cooling.  

Exactly the same reasons I built my own racks previously. Last one I built will hold 1/2 ton. I made a whole thread here about it. It is nearly impossible to get anything quality that will hold real weight that is not made of steel. Even the better real wood racks usually have some form of internal steel frames. The good ones go for $1K or more. If I need to, I can modify anything with brackets, solid shelves, solid back, etc. If the veneer peels off, that will piss me off for sure.

For your DIY THIS MATERIAL will get you a solid start.

I finally got the Forte speakers which my daughter picked up for me last year at an estate sale in Co Springs. She got them on the last day so they were a screaming deal ($225 for the pair). My wife drove up to visit the grandkids and brought the grands and the speakers back.

I thought that they were black, so I was going to use them in the garage, they are veneered (walnut?). So now they will prolly be used in the house. Maybe next to the La Scalas, as a change of pace. I'd give them about a 7/10, as there are a few dings and rubs, but no crushed corners, and the stands are good. Looks like the edge banding has been re-applied using a rubber cement type adhesive, with some squeeze out. Will have to carefully razor this off. And one badge has a shallow bend.

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

• Like 5

Also harvested the first fruits from my garden and they are now becoming gravy. 'Maters, peppers and figs. Zesty.

And two sets of grandkids visiting. This is slowing down the Forte deployment, but the girls are providing entertainment.

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

• Like 5

lol believe me I thought over and over asking myself what are you doing , I could build another garage for the price of this server or buy another hellcat for price of speakers . I got sucked into this hobby bad it’s the worst addiction to date .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the server came today 100 lbs
619d61972755da7feb909eea35f25de1.jpg
b9455fd52fe0a0f9fb70f8d898f66eb4.jpg
7da9144e27347f9ac6de092c826dbba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, JBCODD said:

Also harvested the first fruits from my garden and they are now becoming gravy. 'Maters, peppers and figs. Zesty.

And two sets of grandkids visiting. This is slowing down the Forte deployment, but the girls are providing entertainment.

IMG_1025.JPG

You'll need to contact Theadus for some goat meat to drop in there.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 6:25 PM, Gilbert said:

You'll need to contact Theadus for some goat meat to drop in there.

If @Thaddeus Smith has a goat to spare ... i could go for some birria.  Been a while; but i used to frequent a place called El Gallo Giro in SoCal -- they had these birria burritos that were the best thing you’ve ever tasted. 

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

If @Thaddeus Smith has a goat to spare ... i could go for some birria.  Been a while; but i used to frequent a place called El Gallo Giro in SoCal -- they had these birria burritos that were the best thing you’ve ever tasted. 

La Palma in El Monte.

The burritos de birria at Burritos La Palma in El Monte

• Like 4