The Wussification

oldtimer

I think there was a little bit more fun in the fact that uninvited newcomers could show up every once in a while. 

"Uninvited Newcomers" and that's why your no b/s forum got closed and why so many get reported.

I've read the term here "regulars" and now "uninvited newcomer" that about somes up why your no b/s forum was closed.
Many of you are guilty of being snobs.
You were ALL newcomers at one time and let's face it folks. If your in a Speaker forum so much you consider yourself a "regular". Look at your skin, is it a little pale? Maybe get out and enjoy the world a little or get back to work perhaps, be productive.
Places like this ARE for newcomers, not regulars, you've got it confused, for people that pop in when they have issues with Klipsch speakers or other questions about them, not for people to park here and consider it their ground.
If you want to b/s with other like minded people and you occasionally run into sometime with a different opinion go join a bowling league or to a dog park, to a local fall festival not sit on your back side snobbing on newcomers or looking for an area where you can feel superior because you can type a curse words, how old are y'all? seriously?
Go read some of the "fun" crap you are typing and be ashamed of yourselves.
I hope more of you are reported and even more banned, it's a Klipsch Speaker forum, if you get outside of that topic or purpose you have no business here anyway!!

A lurking.. kinda newcomer!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ha!  That's funny!  Okay, who is it?  We're on "Candid Camera," right?

The point was that people could jump in on our "political" conversations without having an invitation.  Kind of like, ahem, "Welcome, stranger!"

The only point of lament was that we aren't allowed to discuss politics with people out here in the open.  Kind of like, "We'd enjoy conversing with you."

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Ha!  That's funny!  Okay, who is it?  We're on "Candid Camera," right?

The point was that people could jump in on our "political" conversations without having an invitation.  Kind of like, ahem, "Welcome, stranger!"

The only point of lament was that we aren't allowed to discuss politics with people out here in the open.  Kind of like, "We'd enjoy conversing with you."

How does anything in a speaker forum become a political topic or even need a place for such discussions, got to Fox News or CNN forums, have it with people that can truly hang, don't be a "wuss" about it and hide in a speaker forum.

Lounges are put in topic specific forums for people that can not or will not stay on topic, people like you and now me i guess but after this post it will no longer be me. If you wish to talk/type with me here it will be about Klipsch speakers when i have a question and or problem which as you can see from my post count is rarely which speaks to the quality of this speaker line.

Peace!

Just now, Joe01880 said:

How does anything in a speaker forum become a political topic or even need a place for such discussions, got to Fox News or CNN forums, have it with people that can truly hang, don't be a "wuss" about it and hide in a speaker forum.

Lounges are put in topic specific forums for people that can not or will not stay on topic, people like you and now me i guess but after this post it will no longer be me. If you wish to talk/type with me here it will be about Klipsch speakers when i have a question and or problem which as you can see from my post count is rarely which speaks to the quality of this speaker line.

Peace!

So what possessed you to violate your own Cardinal Rule?

Welcome to the forum.

The topic is wuss. Although I may go off topic quite a lot at times, we usually get the conversation done. Fortunately we have a lounge section here which allows us to discuss other topics other than speakers. We discuss music and audio equipment as well. We also have moderators that can allow or not allow a particular topic to be discussed here. There is even some sit-down comedy of which I am a member and when I am ashamed of what was written, I can do my own edit and moderation. Occassiobally we have some folk that are passing through and offer up an opinion and, that is fine. 

Guess I do mostly what I want to do  here and is allowed. There are other forums I have read over the years and, to to some members chagrin, I remain here of my own free will. Coming up on an anniversary here and for the forseeable future intend on staying..

Once again welcome! If you should stay the course here, you will learn more than a non-member here about Klipsch, life, and friendship.

2 hours ago, Joe01880 said:

To answer you question imagine how boring of a place this would be and how many non-paid hobbyist would hang around answering sophomoric questions--Not many.

Lounges are put in topic specific forums for people that can not or will not stay on topic, people like you and now me i guess but after this post it will no longer be me.

Honestly, I am with you about the Lounge and I forgot who your response was to but my guess is that dude will probably be posting and answering questions here longer than you or I will be around. 

If you wish to talk/type with me here it will be about Klipsch speakers when i have a question and or problem which as you can see from my post count is rarely which speaks to the quality of this speaker line.

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you get your questions answered and are here to help others for a long time to come! :emotion-21:

58 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I totally agree but was astonished at how much hatred seemed to build up by several whom I had no idea were following so close. :mellow:

58 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Ha! I remember when we found a flaw in the plan when folks who pushed the "Follow" button got access to your posts in the old BS Forum--When I found out about it I started a thread entitled We are not alone:huh:

2 hours ago, Joe01880 said:

got to Fox News or CNN forums, have it with people that can truly hang, don't be a "wuss" about it and hide in a speaker forum.

Wait--Fox News and CNN have Forums? If that is true then I suggest those people are the true wussies because they are only talking to like-minded individuals and THAT is a major part of the problem, imo. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, BigStewMan said:

Being human, we all have our pet peeves. For me, it drives me nuts when someone presents their speculation as fact. For instance, if President X would have taken action Y then we would have this result instead of that result. Merely speculation .... it sure would be fun if there was a crystal ball that would show us all the “what ifs;” but, as far as i know one doesn’t exist. I love speculation--it’s fun; but, we should admit when we're just speculating. 

Fwiw, I agree with the first part but feel there is more nuance into speculating what a president would do in your example---Then again,  the advantage of having all of our discussions in one place is that those comments would be historically archived. When they closed the first BS Section I was able to retrieve 600 or so pages of my comments to folks on threads I thought important and did the same when they shut the last place down. I actually have an uncanny track record when it comes to predicting events or ramifications of policies or people's comments--If you were following closely, at the end of the last NO BS Forum I was cut-n-pasting predictions made well over a year ago coming true while pretty much all others were calling it a Conspiracy. Otoh, I have debunked numerous Conspiracies that others brought up and those kind of debates are where you separate the politics from the truth!

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, BigStewMan said:

Lastly, i think some just like to be difficult. It’s entertaining to them. Fairly easy to identify those and it’s a waste of time dealing with them.

I agree. That is why I don't succumb to name calling and try to dissuade it. Once it's apparent that someone isn't reading the words in a post but instead responding to or presenting someone else's thoughts it defeats the purpose of meaningful dialog/debate. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Joe01880 said:

"Uninvited Newcomers" and that's why your no b/s forum got closed and why so many get reported.

I've read the term here "regulars" and now "uninvited newcomer" that about somes up why your no b/s forum was closed.
Many of you are guilty of being snobs.
You were ALL newcomers at one time and let's face it folks. If your in a Speaker forum so much you consider yourself a "regular". Look at your skin, is it a little pale? Maybe get out and enjoy the world a little or get back to work perhaps, be productive.
Places like this ARE for newcomers, not regulars, you've got it confused, for people that pop in when they have issues with Klipsch speakers or other questions about them, not for people to park here and consider it their ground.
If you want to b/s with other like minded people and you occasionally run into sometime with a different opinion go join a bowling league or to a dog park, to a local fall festival not sit on your back side snobbing on newcomers or looking for an area where you can feel superior because you can type a curse words, how old are y'all? seriously?
Go read some of the "fun" crap you are typing and be ashamed of yourselves.
I hope more of you are reported and even more banned, it's a Klipsch Speaker forum, if you get outside of that topic or purpose you have no business here anyway!!

A lurking.. kinda newcomer!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!  Glad to have you.

I don't think it is so much a place to swear as a place they can yell ldiscuss) at each other about politics which most certainly doesn't belong here.

37 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Welcome to the forum!  Glad to have you.

I don't think it is so much a place to swear as a place they can yell ldiscuss) at each other about politics which most certainly doesn't belong here.

Totally agree, That said, this forum is unique because it was actually one of the first ones EVER for a speaker brand or even Electronics company for that matter. Also, back then as the old and contemporary ads show Klipsch was a niche brand ala Harley Davidson fanship. Sure, Klipsch has  gotten into different markets but a lot of us are oldtimers and  have met each other in person at local gatherings and/or Pilgrimages. Not many forums have Pilgrimages gotta admit when we get together we may enjoy Music (and do) on Klipsch speakers, but talk about banned topics after getting reacquainted, as well as others who we meet and enjoy discussing contemporary issues.

As I am typing this can't remember when the Klipsch Forum started but joined in 2000 and was a lurker for some time before then. I also am not a member of Facebook or Twitter but can't help but think if discussion were only allowed (or even encouraged) about Speakers or Klipsch this forum would go by the waste side pretty quick. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Totally agree, That said, this forum is unique because it was actually one of the first ones EVER for a speaker brand or even Electronics company for that matter. Also, back then as the old and contemporary ads show Klipsch was a niche brand ala Harley Davidson fanship. Sure, Klipsch has  gotten into different markets but a lot of us are oldtimers and  have met each other in person at local gatherings and/or Pilgrimages. Not many forums have Pilgrimages gotta admit when we get together we may enjoy Music (and do) on Klipsch speakers, but talk about banned topics after getting reacquainted, as well as others who we meet and enjoy discussing contemporary issues.

As I am typing this can't remember when the Klipsch Forum started but joined in 2000 and was a lurker for some time before then. I also am not a member of Facebook or Twitter but can't help but think if discussion were only allowed (or even encouraged) about Speakers or Klipsch this forum would go by the waste side pretty quick. 

I would have thought Twitter and Facebook might effect that too, but we.have seen this with both the Museum and Klipsch Fan facebook pages, they compliment with the Forum.  

It is completely counterintuitive. 

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

It is completely counterintuitive. 

I contend if you took the Lounge and Garage section out this would be a pretty dull place. Of course I could be wrong and am only  expressing my opinion and opinions change--After all, I hated the Lounge and now I am posting in it. ;) {Edit: Btw, I am not tryin to diss the Klipsch Forum.}

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

I contend if you took the Lounge and Garage section out this would be a pretty dull place.

i think you’re right. i’m not fanatical enough to participate in a forum where only audio equipment is discussed.  You can start a thread about laundry soap and i’m fine with it.

I’ve seen the comment that “this is an audio forum” or words to that effect, and my response is “so what.”  i think we should talk about whatever we want. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't remember that.

I had a friend sign up on the forum and he clicked on my Follow link. After about a month he let me know he was allowed to see posts/threads in the BS Forum and I posted a thread asking if anyone experienced the same. It seemed anyone could Follow us into the BS Forum by clicking on that link and then Amy rectified it. 

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I had a friend sign up on the forum and he clicked on my Follow link. After about a month he let me know he was allowed to see posts/threads in the BS Forum and I posted a thread asking if anyone experienced the same. It seemed anyone could Follow us into the BS Forum by clicking on that link and then Amy rectified it. 

So, it's all your fault.  :huh: