Jump to content
seti

Forum Member With Earliest Klipschorn

Recommended Posts

Reading some old topics on the forum got me to wonder who has the earliest known Klipschorn as a forum memeber? This can be a single... Jim doesn't count LOL......

 

Pics woudl be great.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold my '53 (type B, (off-white) Blonde, with Gold grill cloth) Klipschorn to Ken Filardo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forum member @sonny sold a 1952 on usaudiomart.com Oct 15, 2015.  Fort Walton, FL.  I don't have any info on who he sold it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kuisis said:

Mine are 54 and 56. 

 

 

As usual, my recollection was faulty.  So far, the older ones have been described as sold.  You still have yours! Your '54 is the date to beat, as far as I can tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Harmon  has 52's I think, I know it's in the 50's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pair of 87 and 89 k-horns  ... both bought new , original owner ( me )

 

pair of 78 lascalas ... original owner  ( me )

 

I doubt there are any original owners of 50's or 60's k-horn on the forum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, boxerjake said:

Pair of 87 and 89 k-horns  ... both bought new , original owner ( me )

 

pair of 78 lascalas ... original owner  ( me )

 

I doubt there are any original owners of 50's or 60's k-horn on the forum

 

I think the OP was just asking who had the oldest, original or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 3:48 PM, kuisis said:

I think the OP was just asking who had the oldest, original or not.

 

 

I was just curious about how many early models there are out there being listened to today. Pretty amazing that a product introduced in the 40's and examples as early as the 50's are still being used..... Top notch!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a pre-production Khorn in Northern Kentucky earlier this year if that counts. No markings or serial number but it was verified by Jim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an older pair in regular use.      A 1954 #618 shown on the right in the picture, and a 1956 #1069 shown on the left. 

 

Both came with Stephens 103LX2 woofers,   University SA-HF mid drivers on K-5-J horns, and University Mid-T/4401 tweeters. 

 

1069 and 618 at 75pct (2).jpg

Edited by Rick Fedorchak
added info
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick welcome.

 

That’s a great looking spot for your Khorns.  You and Tom, @kuisis, are tied, so far,  with a 54 and 56 in the “ oldest still in current use” category.  At this point, @boxerjake seems to set the mark in the “oldest bought new and still in current use by original owner” category.

 

As previously stated, original owners of Khorns from the 50s, or early 60s, are probably with PWK now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Rick welcome.

 

That’s a great looking spot for your Khorns.  You and Tom, @kuisis, are tied, so far,  with a 54 and 56 in the “ oldest still in current use” category. 

 

 

Yeah ..... my Khorns and Tom's Khorns are pretty close .    He owns 779 and 1096   vs   my 618 and 1069.

 

Thanks,   they seem to fit the room nicely.

 

I know that the question was for owners on this forum, but elsewhere I've become aware of one fellow owning a pair of 1952 Khorns..... #315 and  #345.      Also have a friend who owns #184 circa 1950.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rick Fedorchak said:

 

Yeah ..... my Khorns and Tom's Khorns are pretty close .    He owns 779 and 1096   vs   my 618 and 1069.

 

Thanks,   they seem to fit the room nicely.

 

I know that the question was for owners on this forum, but elsewhere I've become aware of one fellow owning a pair of 1952 Khorns..... #315 and  #345.      Also have a friend who owns #184 circa 1950.

 

 

 

Cool.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 5:18 AM, Rick Fedorchak said:

I have an older pair in regular use.      A 1954 #618 shown on the right in the picture, and a 1956 #1069 shown on the left. 

 

Both came with Stephens 103LX2 woofers,   University SA-HF mid drivers on K-5-J horns, and University Mid-T/4401 tweeters. 

 

1069 and 618 at 75pct (2).jpg

VERY NICE!!!!!

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×