Jimjimbo made me do it ...

Deang

2 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Claude, you have a source for the Eliptrac lens?

Mark

ALK Engineering, of course. Same place I got Jim Jimbo's originally. But I used a Cornwall B network tweeter section modified from a Heresy E. That "might" not work for Dean's LaScalas, LOL.

Just now, ZEUS121996 said:

Al must have some left in stock, Dave shut it down

TY

Mark

Just now, Deang said:

Hi Claude - no, not installed yet, just got them put together - I was talking about the Allen A-55g on Dave’s Tractrix horn.  

That looks like a great driver, specs wise. You like the sound, eh?

Claude,

Yes, I do (like the sound). 

It’s your classic purist audio nervosa set up - you’d hate it. :-)

Tube driven integrated - 35 wpc. Type A networks with flooby dusted overpriced capacitors, and an OPPO something whatever. 

LaScalas are 8’ feet apart and I sit 8’ back. 

It’s magical. 

• Like 2

Nope, I don't think it's taboo, but I've not A/B'd them to be honest against the CT120's for example.  All I can say (for now) is that I have the HF Elliptrac in my Super Heresy, and they sound great, and the CT 120's in Khorns, consumer La Scala and LSI splits, and they sound equally great, but again, different platforms......

The B&C DE-120 is the go-to tweeter in the drop in replacement category. Both Bob and Al use it, however, with Dave shutting down shop, I think Bob is the only game in town. I think Dave might be persuaded to keep up production of the small horn - I’ll send him a text and see what he says. 

2 hours ago, Deang said:

Hi Claude - no, not installed yet, just got them put together - I was talking about the Allen A-55g on Dave’s Tractrix horn.  

Nice!  I'm liking the 55g's on the Cornwall Fastracs!  I was using the 55m before.

2 hours ago, Deang said:

Claude,

Yes, I do (like the sound). 

It’s your classic purist audio nervosa set up - you’d hate it. :-)

Tube driven integrated - 35 wpc. Type A networks with flooby dusted overpriced capacitors, and an OPPO something whatever. 

LaScalas are 8’ feet apart and I sit 8’ back. 

It’s magical. 

Magical? You really need to invite me when you break out the Bourbon.. :D

Now,  take them out of the La Scala and put them on top aligning them with the squawker. Or, tell me to bring mine and my Bourbon and we'll have some fun. Ok? You formerly Cranky sob.

Mark