Missing Friends

cluless

Cluless...well...that works both ways...I have been kinda missing YOU on here lately...not been very many posts by you like in the past, in the last week or so!! I see you adopted the avatar we cooked up for you...LOL...I am sure Justin can do something with the hair though...he was kinda in a rush on the hair part...but the hair came from Marilyn Monroe, he told me!! 9.gif

Craig,

I've been to Burton, been to Crossroads Village, ridden the Huckleberry Railroad. Yes I live in Michigan, in Birmingham not far from Southfield. When it's confirmed that Shapeshifter is alive and well, we should try to get together. My only concern is the problem I'd have enjoying the modest sound of my SCA 35 powered Heresies after listening to what the two of you own.

Neil

My girlfriend grew up on Bennett Ave. (the Cranes) in Flint and married a guy from Chevrolet Ave. (the Sherwoods) just accross town. Her mom and dad were pretty well known around those parts taking meals to elderly shut-ins volunteering for "Love, Inc.". We usually stay at a Motel 6 near Flint's airport and Rt. 23.

Whenever I go up there and I see that a lot of places and buildings were named after Mott or someone I can't remember right off. It remends me of the song "Richrd Cory" from Simon & Garfunkel's "Sounds of Silence" album (I still think Paul is from Detroit with "My Little Town" having the lyrics "Flyin' my bike past the gates of the factories").

But your right though, it is rather "no man's land" around there. Ever since Oldsmobile and Buick closed the plants up there it's been a slow death for that town. Sad too.8.gif

Boa was the one that suggested that my avatar wear mall bangs, many moons ago. I think it was about the same time Ed suggested the Fredricks of Hollywood getup. According to him they are about 5 inches long and kinda poufy. I think its a big hair thing.

DizRotus,

Actually I bet you would be suprised at how similar are systems sound. I have Heresy's also besides my Lascalas. Heresy's are by no means a slouch and have the same basic dynamics of the rest of the Heritage line of speakers. Looks like with Tblasing we have 4 local forum members ! Before you know we could have a club !!

Tblasing,

Yes the City of Flint is hurting real bad and in turn it makes the rest of the county suffer also. But for the most part the rest of the county is alive and well. Flint City goverment made some major mistakes in handleling negotiations with GM in the last 10 years and is suffering from it now. Buick City should have never closed along with half the other plants that have been shut down. But Buick city kind of nailed the coffin shut on Flint for a good long time. It really is to bad. Goes to show you what bad goverment can do !!

Craig