RIP Anthony Bourdain

Thaddeus Smith

I really liked Anthony Bourdain and this was hard to take this morning. The guy had balls, I always liked how his shows had a gritty, real feeling where he threw himself headlong into the culture instead of just dabbling in fine restaurants and hotels. Anthony was a true traveler instead of a tourist and that is something I always respected. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Watched many of his shows, not the normal BS on Tv, the way he did them you got to see the culture and normal life of wherever he traveled and what really happens in those places. 

I hope they keep airing his different shows, I know there are few I have not seen.

Such a waste to end like this, he will be missed.

Normally I’m pretty stoic about these things. This one is hitting me kinda hard. He really seemed to “get it”. One of those people unafraid to plunge headlong into a situation. Make the best of it and learn along the way. Intelligent, entertaining and engaging. If this guy couldn’t take it, perhaps the rest of us are doomed.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, M_Klipsch said:

Normally I’m pretty stoic about these things. This one is hitting me kinda hard. He really seemed to “get it”. One of those people unafraid to plunge headlong into a situation. Make the best of it and learn along the way. Intelligent, entertaining and engaging. If this guy couldn’t take it, perhaps the rest of us are doomed.

I wouldn't weigh my existence upon Mr. Bourdain's.  Buck up my friend, you have the time you have.  Until then, enjoy what it has to offer.

7 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I wouldn't weigh my existence upon Mr. Bourdain's

Good point.  We weigh ourselves.

Buck up my friend, when your buttons pushed it will happen.

And our button is bigger, and works better!

Until then, enjoy what it has to offer.

Until the button is pushed?  Just kidding.  You are right, we may as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Good point.  We weigh ourselves.

And our button is bigger, and works better!

Until the button is pushed?  Just kidding.  You are right, we may as well.

Funny, you caught some verbiage that I edited.  Damn button of time anyway.....

• Just a few days earlier,  he appeared like he was out having fun.  It was a shock to read of his demise. I have watched most of that which he has done.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5822607/Anthony-Bourdain-smiles-Eric-Ripert-lunch-France-days-committed-suicide.html

He even had a short lived youtube show devoted to craftsmen in action, which I liked.  Here is one of them.