Best female vocals, looking for suggestions

joessportster

• Moderators
On 6/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, thebes said:

Joe. Eva Cassidy.  Best album is "Fields of Gold" . Sorry that's a song. I meant to say "Songbird"  Local gal to you and me. Sadly gone now too early, to the Big C.

Also Rickie Lee Jones, first album self-titled.  Shows her on the front of the album wearing a beret.

You will thank me.

I'm disappointed in you:

On 6/22/2018 at 4:43 PM, thebes said:

Oh, and if you want to rock a bit, Johnette Napolitano, aka Concrete Blonde, complete with awesome guitar work.

I didn't notice, you beat me to the punch. Good ears. Great band, been listening to them a lot. Like the first disc I listen to, when I'm jammin...    

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, ACV92 said:
40 minutes ago, rebuy said:

Is this contest for real women or can we 

nominate someone like Ru Paul ?

No.  Let's not go there....

Well while looking through some videos the other day, I had seen some from the Bee Gees, higher pitched than most of the women but didn't fit the category, for the most part.  

I love Etta James, but one recording of "At Last" has an aggravating thump in the song about 4 times or so, I don't know what it is but once you hear it, you hear it every time. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Well while looking through some videos the other day, I had seen some from the Bee Gees, higher pitched than most of the women but didn't fit the category, for the most part.  

Well, the sequin jumpsuits did provide a little extra 'tightness' where it counts.  Little known fact.  You ever seen a bull strapped up at a rodeo?  Probably the same.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1