Traffic Court

rplace

I am late to the Party, when I lived in MD. I had a county cop write me a speeding tic. I requested to see the radar he retorts he failed to lock it in. In court I really was lost about the procedure. Basically they made me act as my own ATT. questioning the cop. The Prosecutor/ DA what ever they are called was a real A$$. I brought up the fact That I requested to see the Radar, and that being denied that was a violation of my rights (defendant has the right to see all evidence held against them) The DA Scoffed rolled her eyes. Judge asked if I had any previous tickets.  Ruling Probation Before Judgement..........................10 years ago

Also in MD. bought 67 firbird moving it off sellers property without a tag Pulled over 1 cop is cool looking the car over his partner is an A$$ writes a ticket, Go to court tell my self I will be honest. go in front of the judge Cop not there 374.00 fine...........................I sat in that court for 3 hours watching people charged with DUI, Driving on Suspended, and multiple others I received the HIGHEST fine that day Lesson Learned Nothing to do with safety all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

NC. Wife got a ticket for parking in Handi-Cap at the school (Properly displayed placard) Cop was being an A$$ wrote 7 tickets in the parking lot (probably trying to help finance the new 10 million dollar courthouse they are building) He did not care about the people parking illegally in the middle of the lanes, Wife asked can she just move NO, What about those people ? "I am not here about that"  280.00 fine Went to the DA 2 weeks b-4 court showed placard Ticket thrown out

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Basically, went about as good as can be expected.  Not bad for 30 minutes prep.  

I owe you that Guinness Jeff. There was this longwinded ditzy woman rambling on and on. Eventually the judge cut her off and said I have to move this docket along. I started saying over and over in my head please call me next, please ME next!. I was - and about 1/2 way through my 2nd sentence of explanation the judge cuts me off and says how's your driving record. I said perfect. He said PBJ and $90 is that okay with you? I said Yes your honor, thank you. I later asked how long the probation is and they said until you pay the fine. AND you can't leave without paying the fine. I was thinking if something happened in X days or Y years I had to get the full wrath of the ticket.

I'm free!

Ticket was $160 and 2 points. So well worth my time and Jeff's advice was worth every penny I paid :D:emotion-22:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, rplace said:

I owe you that Guinness Jeff. There was this longwinded ditzy woman rambling on and on. Eventually the judge cut her off and said I have to move this docket along. I started saying over and over in my head please call me next, please ME next!. I was - and about 1/2 way through my 2nd sentence of explanation the judge cuts me off and says how's your driving record. I said perfect. He said PBJ and $90 is that okay with you? I said Yes your honor, thank you. I later asked how long the probation is and they said until you pay the fine. AND you can't leave without paying the fine. I was thinking if something happened in X days or Y years I had to get the full wrath of the ticket.

I'm free!

Ticket was $160 and 2 points. So well worth my time and Jeff's advice was worth every penny I paid :D:emotion-22:

Congratulations, great work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2018 at 12:56 PM, rplace said:

I thought your goal was to try and avoid the points?