Neighborhood party and a few photos

jimjimbo

Ended up with 16.4 lbs after all was said and done, so lost about 10 lbs in the cook.  It was crazy good.  

Couple of photos of the party and the music setup.  Great weather and a nice crowd.  Played a list from Spotify from Aretha Franklin and other artists of the genre....it was terrific.

IMG_5203 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5207 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5208 (Medium).JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Looks great even with the big M cover. :ph34r2: Music just sounds great outside. 

It's nice the neighbors get together like that, it's the Butt and music, without that it's just people standing in the street. :biggrin:  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Looks like a great crowd, great food coupled w/great sounds.  The day?  Perfect!  Know you all had a good time...  Congrats!

It really is perfect, much better than not talking to your neighbor or not even knowing them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Those Cornwalls look like they have the Reference type gold woofers. They do look clean. :emotion-21:  

No, actually those Cornwalls are the very first version of what @ClaudeJ1 is working on now, which he is calling the "Super Cornwall".  The cabinets were purchased from Mr. Colter many moons ago, and have lots and lots of patina and character (cigarette butt burn marks.....).  The motorboards at some point had started to be modded to accept Chorus II tweeters and mids, which I acquired, and then I acquired the vintage Kenwood woofers and a crossover design from Claude.  I built the crossovers, and then did a minor mod on the mid section as it was way too hot.  They sound great now, considering the odd collection of parts.  Had a lot of compliments from the neighbors on Saturday....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

No, actually those Corwalls are the very first version of what @ClaudeJ1 is working on now, which he is calling the "Super Cornwall".

The new, improved, "Super Cornwall," won't have cigarette burns on the cabs. Those you have to do yourself as "character builders." LOL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

The new, improved, "Super Cornwall," won't have cigarette burns on the cabs. Those you have to do yourself as "character builders." LOL.

Yes, those burn marks were already existing "character builders" when I acquired them, not sure where Michael would have gotten them from, perhaps a studio or something....

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Everyone within earshot was invited, and no one who was in attendance asked me to turn it down.....

It's really the best way, when we lived in a subdivision and had parties the neighbors were always invited. It was like insurance for parking  and noise problems, never had a problem. 

17 hours ago, dtel said:

It's really the best way, when we lived in a subdivision and had parties the neighbors were always invited. It was like insurance for parking  and noise problems, never had a problem. 

not to mention - just the "neighborly thing" to do